Lake Erie today

fishin fool

Is anyone fishing Lake Erie today, was trying to get a feel for what the wave heights are. Thank you

Tried fishing by glascow this morning.. short lived.. steady 3 footers with some 5s and 6s mixed in.. when I turned into the wind and my boat went on a 45* angle pointing up, and the wave was still 4 feet above my bow... called it quits.

Did land a couple eater eyes and lost 3 rainbows as soon as I got there in 31 feet

Hope someone who went out is from 68.

As much as I didn't think reading reports would bother me as much once I had the boat in the water, (I was wrong LOL), I'm still curious. ?

Already hoping for next weekend.

I am leaving Kitchener at 1 pm for Burwell, are the waves looking a little calmer? Wind Finder says less then a foot.

Waves calmed later in morning burwell. Thunk going to pickup later. Got 3 this morning in 55ft water. Lots Mark's but slow bite

930 till 130 out of Stanley ......some big ol rolling type waves. The biggest my boat has seen yet. Had a few come over the the front a little bit. Seemd to be 4 foot waves at times. We ended up with the usual no fish?

930 till 130 out of Stanley ......some big ol rolling type waves. The biggest my boat has seen yet. Had a few come over the the front a little bit. Seemd to be 4 foot waves at times. We ended up with the usual no fish?
Targa glad you got out. I fish stanley waiting for our place to be finished should be early july i hope. The best fishing there is july aug and early sept. Hope to contact you when we get down there . All the best and good fishing

Went out of Glasgow this morning. Waves were building to 5 footers. Manage a few eater walleye two steelhead and a massive 35 inch walleye with a 19 inch girth!! Waves were building beyond my comfort level called it a day at 11 am. Good luck

Attachments

• DDB657C5-AD23-4DE7-B615-1AB4E0952F7A.jpeg
    DDB657C5-AD23-4DE7-B615-1AB4E0952F7A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 193
Went out of Glasgow this morning. Waves were building to 5 footers. Manage a few eater walleye two steelhead and a massive 35 inch walleye with a 19 inch girth!! Waves were building beyond my comfort level called it a day at 11 am. Good luck
Wow nice hog..with those measurements it would put it at almost 16lbs ?

36" Sounds fishy to me....

Ok, I'm definitely gonna take flak for this but basic photographic forensics is a fun thing I do that pisses off alot people :LOL: Your right hand in the picture is on the same plane as the rest of the fish so I'm using it as a known measurement to determine the actual size of your fish. If i take a measurement on my screen across your knuckles I get 3/8" to a max of 7/16". When I measure the fish I get a max of 2.875". Knowing that an average male has a hand width of 3.75 and a big guy might be 4" i can use a ratio to determine length. Taking 2.875" as the max fish length and 0.375 as the minimum hand width we can divide and find the potential top end size of the fish. So 2.875÷0.375=7.666.... Multiply that by the (known) hand width we get 30 3/4"......which i'm sure would be right in the ballpark if you asked for a guess on size.

Its a big, healthy Walleye but a long ways from 3'. 30yrs on Erie and I've caught a TON of 30" fish but they top out around 33" in my experience. Anything bigger is a true freak on Erie.

Most pics have a known measurement you can use as a scale. Hat brims, shoes, tackle boxes, lures and rod handles are all items easily used as a ruler to debunk 'fish tales' ;)

Josh

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks