Lake Erie advice

Hey Waterfowler, If no has mentioned it yet Silver streak jr copperback spoons is what you will want to use on Erie..You will want to have, blueberry muffin, bloody death, copper watermelon, Jerry Lee, sister sludge and pearl sister sludge, smurf, Nascar, Miami Dolphin, Halloween, greasy chicken wing, horney toad, kavorkian, purple thunder and purple bubble gum. I personally run my downriggers 50 down and 50 back when targeting bows on Erie, just be quick with the net when you get them to the back of the boat when running this short, they go nuts when they see the boat!

@Danno, Bows are hitting our sliders which are 18 feet behind the boat. You can run much tighter to the boat for bows if you don't want any pickerel. 8 feet off the cannon ball - catches. I see them running on the finder running up to the balls then turning to hit the lure. Can't see that running lures 50 feet back. Trade off is no pickerel seem to hit that close.

When it comes to walleye on the riggers, play with your leads a bit. we some times end up having it clipped 15 feet behind the ball and catch fish, then some days(calmer days) the leads get longer, also we notice difference in what kind of cannon ball we use,
When it comes to any type of trolling what works on one boat don't mean its going to work on yours, you have to develop confidence in your stuff, and learn what works for you,
so many Erie people love silver streak, they work I have tons of them, but there is a lot better spoons out there that out fish them, and the normal colors everyone uses always seemed to not stay on to long on me or my buddies boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks