Fishing Report Lac Seul Wilderness Resort

Excellent photo’s again @Derkd9 of your catch and the scenery as well from the both of you. 👍👍 That’s a nice “walleye chop” on Lac Seul,and that Lund boat will handle it with no problem,and that boat looks big and comfortable!! Enjoy the rest of your time there to the both of you. Tight lines & walleye’s,perch,pike & maybe even a,”Musky” etc., ON!! 🚤 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Excellent photo’s again @Derkd9 of your catch and the scenery as well from the both of you. 👍👍 That’s a nice “walleye chop” on Lac Seul,and that Lund boat will handle it with no problem,and that boat looks big and comfortable!! Enjoy the rest of your time there to the both of you. Tight lines & walleye’s,perch,pike & maybe even a,”Musky” etc., ON!! 🚤 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
Hahaha you’re right the boat is big and handles the small white caps.
I was joking earlier and said wind like this would produce 5-6ft waves on Erie
These 1 ft waves are nothing but they do get yah wet when running out to the fishing spots hahaha
I would love a musky but they are way on the other side of the lake and with all the rocks and what not I do no not think I will make that run and risk hitting one and have to replace a lower unit hahaha

funny to see Slancy's perch bigger than all your walleye....... jus saying.........I have said often that if my wife wasn't in the boat we would catch no fish, I just do the driving......lol. Certainly looks like your having fun !!!!

Wow, that looks like a fabulous time and as always Derek you photos are beautiful. Good to see Slancy keeping you honest with the larger fish going under her name. LOL
Thanks for sharing the trip with us, a memory to talk about forever no doubt!!!

I had a little better luck today
Must be because a Bull Moose put in a show at the shoreline in Steamboat Bay at the first spot Slancy and stopped at
First I hear the deep grunting then I hear splash splash so I start looking harder along the shoreline and had to shade sun as it made it hard to see but I still saw the silhouette of him
I took video but I’ll have to look at it in the dark and maybe edit it to see it better I’ll post later.
Anywho the fishing
Caught a couple in the slot around 20” and 21” kept one 16.5”
And tossed back few more in the 14” range
Was a good morning
One little pike which I got to watch hit the jig on the live view
Was pretty cool 👍
We are going to have a lunch snack and pack up
Cook the remaining fish for dinner and be on our way to Wawa for one night then back home Friday

IMG_2792.jpegIMG_2796.jpeg
IMG_2799.jpegIMG_2805.jpegIMG_2818.jpegIMG_2822.jpegIMG_2846.jpegIMG_2865.jpegIMG_2884.jpegIMG_2914.jpeg

Wow, you did the run to Steamboat Bay? Has to be one of the go-to runs for lodges at that end of the lake. Some awesome reports from there. We actually never got there in the three tips we made - the furthest we ever ran was just past the burn island. So much water, so many fish. Cool you got to see the moose. We have a vid of three of them - a cow and two calves swimming to the burn. Awesome stuff. Looks like you and Slancy had a blast (y) Safe travels home - and wait till sunrise or be vewy vewy cautious on that highway out to 17, the moose like to hang out all around, and on it. Seen it take a car more than once.

Wow, you did the run to Steamboat Bay? Has to be one of the go-to runs for lodges at that end of the lake. Some awesome reports from there. We actually never got there in the three tips we made - the furthest we ever ran was just past the burn island. So much water, so many fish. Cool you got to see the moose. We have a vid of three of them - a cow and two calves swimming to the burn. Awesome stuff. Looks like you and Slancy had a blast (y) Safe travels home - and wait till sunrise or be vewy vewy cautious on that highway out to 17, the moose like to hang out all around, and on it. Seen it take a car more than once.
We went to steam boat bay the first day we were here but Scott was driving the boat. We also got up a few close to camp spots that day
The second day we stayed close to camp
And then this morning since it was nice and calm and we had lots of time we made the treck back to steam boat bay what a sketchy boat ride hahaha so nervous of rocks and mini mountains in the middle of 50ft of water that come close to surface.
Going threw the narrows was sketchy too especially when there was boats sitting there fishing and I didn’t want to slow down and wanted to stay on plane!
Well worth the trip
I will be back of course, might have to get a moose tag for around here next year as well if possible 🤷🏻

We went to steam boat bay the first day we were here but Scott was driving the boat. We also got up a few close to camp spots that day
And then this morning since it was nice and calm and we had lots of time we made the treck back to steam boat bay what a sketchy boat ride hahaha so nervous of rocks and mini mountains in the middle of 50ft of water that come close to surface.
Going threw the narrows was sketchy too especially when there was boats sitting there fishing and I didn’t want to slow down and wanted to stay on plane!
Well worth the trip
I will be back of course, might have to get a moose tag for around here next year as well if possible 🤷🏻
Yup. It's a lake that demands 100% attention when under power for sure. If you head back up there again, let me know. I'll share some spots. The lake is available on the lowrance Canada USA east chip. Like any body if water, you get better at it the more you fish it. Other than a couple spots, we got more and bigger fish upstream of the narrows than down. Drift socks will significantly improve your hook up ratio. Glad you got to experience it.

Yup. It's a lake that demands 100% attention when under power for sure. If you head back up there again, let me know. I'll share some spots. The lake is available on the lowrance Canada USA east chip. Like any body if water, you get better at it the more you fish it. Other than a couple spots, we got more and bigger fish upstream of the narrows than down. Drift socks will significantly improve your hook up ratio. Glad you got to experience it.
Sounds good not sure if I will bring my boat up here maybe worth it just to rent
These boats have the Terrova on it and we used spot lock when we got on a little school, when slowed down just moved around a bit. That garmin live view thing helped to know when we were near fish
And a few times I felt like I was playing a video game when you can see the fish come check out your bait lol

My moose video is a little embarrassing hahaha but I’ll share it anyways
With all the excitement the zoom and trying to explain to blind Slancy where it is on the shoreline also was hard to see because the sun had just come above the tree tops there and was very bright to look into
I didn’t get it on video much but he is there for a bit and you can hear the grunting.

View attachment IMG_2779.mov

Well worth the trip
OOPs - brainfart - I got Steamboat & MacKenzie bay mixed up. Steamboat is the one just through the narrows - Keep left going down, and right going up, then swing to the middle either way :).. We did fish there a few times, but not the greatest success. The burn island I was talking about is another 5 minutes downstream. A spot lock would have been awesome - especially for a few of the points we fished. The winds bounced off all the islands and seem to always push us out of depth. The sunrise bite is definitely worth the effort.

OOPs - brainfart - I got Steamboat & MacKenzie bay mixed up. Steamboat is the one just through the narrows - Keep left going down, and right going up, then swing to the middle either way :).. We did fish there a few times, but not the greatest success. The burn island I was talking about is another 5 minutes downstream. A spot lock would have been awesome - especially for a few of the points we fished. The winds bounced off all the islands and seem to always push us out of depth. The sunrise bite is definitely worth the effort.
I’m going to have to get a map of the lake to see all the names
Thankfully his boats are equipped gps and he said just follow the tracks and you’ll steer clear the rocks for the lost part hahaha
We did cut straight across the bay to the good fishing spot in steamboat bay there was a point we fished off of the consistently produced decent fish
Some in the slot some bigger some smaller
There was one spot close to camp that produced a bunch of good fish the first day but the next two days I tried there first and couldn’t get on them

They aren't all marked on this - but a lot are. And it gives you an idea of the lake, including the skeg killers - some, but not all. We took my fishfinder and a 'ducer mounted on a stick we attached to the transom this year. Lowrance chip is 1 foot increments and has the "where the hell did that come from" rocks marked :) . There is so much productive water, it is just matter of finding the depth and working the wind. If you find a 20 foot shelf surrounded by deeper water - work it. I have a paper map with all kinds of spots marked, somewhere. If you decide to go up next year, let me know and we can connect before you head up. Phone apps are not helpful, even if you download the map - just too small a view to allow for running from island to island. https://fishing-app.gpsnauticalchar...e=Lac+Seul+boating+app#12.27/50.5775/-93.1379

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks