Fishing Report Lac Seul Wilderness Resort

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Arrived today around noon,
Right away Maple met a new friend named Nelson.
She absolutely loves it here, haven’t seen her this happy I don’t think. Amazing!
She is due for some play time, she has been very good and patient in our travels
This will be a nice break for her
Although she was not happy when we put her in the crate to go fishing 🤷🏻
Can’t win everytime I suppose
I will just avoid sunrise fishing so I can get some good play time in with her!
She means the world to us!

So about the fishing this afternoon… wonderful! What a healthy lake
Scott, who runs the camp here took us out this afternoon to show us the ropes on his boat and how to use the Garmin Live Scope

What a treat we are blessed to have been givin this opportunity to fish with him. The next few days should be pretty fun if Slancy and I can stay on em.

I didn’t count as I was listening to some wise people on here that I will enjoy the fishing more without the meticulous note taking.
I must say I did enjoy it but now I’m wishing I had number to tell hahaha

We caught many tiny walleyes that we placed back into the lake.
We caught a few that were big 24”, 21 3/4” 20”, 21”
Those numbers I remember off the top of my head hahahaha no notes I promise.. that all went back into the lake
Scott’s house rules are no fish over 22”
Regs say no fish 18”- 21”
The 4 we kept were 15”-17”
And yes Slancy out fished us hahaha
Slancy and I are currently prepping some fillets for dinner 😊
Can’t wait!! 🤤
Also hoping for a Northern Lights show tonight
Apparently they were out last night 🤞
IMG_3659.jpegIMG_3658.jpegIMG_3660.jpegIMG_3657.jpegIMG_2551.jpegIMG_2544.jpegIMG_2560.jpeg

Maple
IMG_2521.jpeg

Nelson
IMG_2539.jpegIMG_2566.png

It’s an amazing time of year to be North. Grouse, Ducks, Bear, Moose and Deer seasons are all open and of course the fishing is amazing.

I guess those would be the high lights of your honeymoon...

I saw on Facebook Ontario storm watch group
Apparently they were visible in Southwold last night

I saw on Facebook Ontario storm watch group
Apparently they were visible in Southwold last night
In Southwold last night @Derkd9 ? 🤔 Now,that’s getting close to home here in southwestern,Ontario,and good to know,and thanks for the tip,and perhaps there might be another Aurora light show tonight,if the sky is clear. 🤞🤞👍🙂

Arrived today around noon,
Right away Maple met a new friend named Nelson.
She absolutely loves it here, haven’t seen her this happy I don’t think. Amazing!
She is due for some play time, she has been very good and patient in our travels
This will be a nice break for her
Although she was not happy when we put her in the crate to go fishing 🤷🏻
Can’t win everytime I suppose
I will just avoid sunrise fishing so I can get some good play time in with her!
She means the world to us!

So about the fishing this afternoon… wonderful! What a healthy lake
Scott, who runs the camp here took us out this afternoon to show us the ropes on his boat and how to use the Garmin Live Scope

What a treat we are blessed to have been givin this opportunity to fish with him. The next few days should be pretty fun if Slancy and I can stay on em.

I didn’t count as I was listening to some wise people on here that I will enjoy the fishing more without the meticulous note taking.
I must say I did enjoy it but now I’m wishing I had number to tell hahaha

We caught many tiny walleyes that we placed back into the lake.
We caught a few that were big 24”, 21 3/4” 20”, 21”
Those numbers I remember off the top of my head hahahaha no notes I promise.. that all went back into the lake
Scott’s house rules are no fish over 22”
Regs say no fish 18”- 21”
The 4 we kept were 15”-17”
And yes Slancy out fished us hahaha
Slancy and I are currently prepping some fillets for dinner 😊
Can’t wait!! 🤤
Also hoping for a Northern Lights show tonight
Apparently they were out last night 🤞
View attachment 80164View attachment 80165View attachment 80166View attachment 80167View attachment 80168View attachment 80169View attachment 80163

Maple
View attachment 80174

Nelson
View attachment 80175View attachment 80170
Excellent photo’s and walleye catch to you both, @Derkd9 👍👍 Were you both using dipsey rod’s and dipsey divers with moonshine spoons,etc., on a #3 setting,with whatever length of line out to catch those walleye’s?? 🤔 lol 😂 😉 Those are perfect size walleye’s to eat. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Slancy out fished me again today haha
We caught a ton of tiny ones but the larger ones were lock jaw or something hahaha
We have plenty left in the fridge from yesterday for dinner today.
Going to go out again in the morning have one last try at it 👍 will pack up tomorrow night to head out Thursday morning.
IMG_2772.jpegIMG_2729.jpegIMG_2721.jpegIMG_2718.jpegIMG_2717.jpegIMG_2706.jpegIMG_2697.jpegIMG_2677.jpegIMG_2673.jpegIMG_2669.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks