Is Ice Fishing Lake Side Possible?

orbital540

With Lake Erie almost all frozen now, I was thinking of pitching a tent over the weekend on the lake side, off of Hastings Drive and seeing if anything bites.
Wouldn't be going out too far since walking. Has anyone done this before? and what would you catch? catfish?

Thanks,
Steve

Probably not a good idea to walk out on the ice if you don't have alot of experience

I have watched it break up freeze over a couple times also with wave action it erodes from underneath
I would wait till spring myself

Lots of open water out there. Outer bay was all open last weekend in front of Normandale only 100 yards of shore ice if your lucky. Not safe!!!!

Only chance on the lake side I have ever had was a couple years back, fished a few miles out from paulas , just south of leamington. I have watched this year, the ice come and lock up and then go depending on the wind. There was quite a bit of ship traffic which sure doesn't help keeping it landlocked. We caught perch the first time and perch with a single walleye on our second attempt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks