Fishing Report Inner bay SM bass

I understand complaining about giving up locations on small inland lakes, but an enormous lake like Erie?
This comes up every bass season.

I repeat: THERE ARE NO SECRET SPOTS ON LAKE ERIE!!!

Want to see me give the eastern basin bass guys a heart attack?

1690223047301.png

Oh dear god stop he's giving away all our secrets!!

1690223182321.png

Sweet jesus noo!!! Somebody stop him!! We'll never catch another bass again!!

1690223298344.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Seriously grow TF up... Anyone with Navionics and a side scan sonar can find every "secret" with a few clicks and 20 minutes of scanning. Secret fishing holes are a thing of the 20th century, and like my youthful innocence, ended with it.

Besides Extra virgin i only ever notice 1 maybe 2 other angler every year posting pictures of the catch(bass) and posting his results/findings to share.
Can't be that many bass anglers upset.. never hear of them on this forum so they must be just "site fishing" too.
I seen the original post before edit.. you didn't seem to be giving much at all Extra Virgin so my guess is greed & jealously got the best of those that have an issue with your report.
On the other hand, Your not suppose to go bass fishing with just a jig head & old leaches from the fridge and catch bass where is said to be no bass.. that's just wrong, unfair & too easy to those that have so much invested and come up dry for their effort! 😂

Use a bobber next time, round red & white kind and pull a few topside and post a report. That will keep the fire burning nice & hot while your having a can of tea next to the fire pit and reading "fishing reports".

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your fishing reports. Always a good read and a few good laughs. Not to many "members" that have that quality on this forum so don't sideline your self, Healthy scratch of a good player aint cool.
Leave the generic fishing reports to the generic anglers that have always have PLENTY TO SAY but Nothing to show for.

Too bad @Extra Virgin 😒 for what had happened to you my friend! 👎 Post away,for I thought that this was what it was all about here on @stomp long point page,especially under,”Fishing Report’s!” sharing our fishing trip’s and tip’s! I have a couple of neighbours that are “Die Hard” Bass Angler’s,bass boats’s and all!! They keep to themselves,and not include me in their discussions! I honestly don’t give a 💩!! I swear that my bass fishing neighbour’s are joined at the hips!! lol 😆 I fish for anything with fins,and it’s not just bass! Even though I totally love fishing for bass,💯%!! But I do like expanding my fishing for all kinds of species of fish,and I have done so since I was 10 years old. Enough said,and when will your next bass fishing report come in please!! @Extra Virgin 👊👊 😉👍🙂
Firm AGREE!

Doesn't everyone in the bay Just follow the charters anyway. Feel free to post all you want. I thought this was a site for sharing not just bragging. I've been catching smallies all the way from ec 10 almost right up along pottohawk sand bar
Apparently I have upset the bass anglers with my detailed report. It has now been edited to be generic as will ALL future posts if I choose to do so in the future.

@Wildfire, to play devil's advocate:

Secret or not, bass spots throughout that mapped area are usually not crowded with boats in the summer, even on opening day. And if it’s really that straightforward to locate and check those spots and find the fish (20 minutes of scanning), then there’s no need to post specific locations and send the masses into a game of bumper boats on a single point or hump out there, right?

In my opinion regardless of species, fishing ‘spots’ are different than trolling ‘areas,’ and 95% of the fishing reports on this site refer to the latter. The difference is that many of these ‘spots’ could be crowded by just a handful of boats, vs. walleye schools with millions of fish dispersed over many thousands of acres. It’s not the same thing, and this is understandably the reason that many bass anglers prefer not to post the details of their spots for the world to see (and crappie anglers, and creek trout anglers, etc. from whom we accept and encourage (enforce?) the same protocol).

Full disclosure: I didn’t see the original post and it’s ultimately up to the poster to decide what details they want to share with the crowd. Inner bay bass fishing is not representative of the rest of the lake; the bent rod pattern and fishing in a crowd is par for the course.

Mrs EV was tired of seeing leeches in the trailer fridge, so I fished the inner bay for a few hours. Caught quite a few eater sized 2-3lb smallies, but the wife says "they taste like fish" so I ended releasing them all.

Leech on a jig head worked best, catching most on the drop. Water temp 71 and the clarity was perfect to sight fish.
Hey Extra Virgin I'm a bass guy :) but whoever got upset at you for posting that is in my opinion a very bad representation of what bass fishing is about. Myself I have fished competitive bass tournaments for over 30 years and I don't mind at all what you posted . I actually feel as though I should apologize to you on behalf of all the bass guys that understand that it is still just fishing 🎣
That being said I will definitely post about my bass fishing days in the future but not until after the next tournament is over 😆

Well I’m the guy who created this 💩 storm over nothing . Maybe Stomp should create a new WOKE section for the members whose undies go into a knot too quickly . I read Ev,s fishing report , surprised that he caught smallies this time of year in that location , good for him . I don’t think to many people consider ec 10 top secret ! The part I took exception to was his wife liked looking at them cruising around over the stone bottom. There are no stone bottoms in the inner bay , just had to call you out I what I considered to be a bogus fishing report . I forgot to congratulate him on his detailed fishing report ( put a leech on a jig , almost to much info ) I was just hoping that some newbie to Longpoint Bay wouldn’t cruising around ec 10 looking for a stone bottom.
If you caught them on a stone bottom I and everyone who fishes Longpoint knows where you were . The idea that there are secret bass hot spots is completely ludicrous.
I have fished the bay since my Grandfather took me out when I was 5 years old , 16 foot cedar lap streak made right in St Williams , had a 10 hp green Johnson that weighted about as much as a new 150 Merc ! That was in 1954 ! I can’t remember what I did this morning but I remember that day clearly ! Go figure .
My only advice to catching fish on the bay is keep moving , you might stumble into some other guys “secret spot “ !

Besides Extra virgin i only ever notice 1 maybe 2 other angler every year posting pictures of the catch(bass) and posting his results/findings to share.
Can't be that many bass anglers upset.. never hear of them on this forum so they must be just "site fishing" too.
I seen the original post before edit.. you didn't seem to be giving much at all Extra Virgin so my guess is greed & jealously got the best of those that have an issue with your report.
On the other hand, Your not suppose to go bass fishing with just a jig head & old leaches from the fridge and catch bass where is said to be no bass.. that's just wrong, unfair & too easy to those that have so much invested and come up dry for their effort! 😂

Use a bobber next time, round red & white kind and pull a few topside and post a report. That will keep the fire burning nice & hot while your having a can of tea next to the fire pit and reading "fishing reports".

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your fishing reports. Always a good read and a few good laughs. Not to many "members" that have that quality on this forum so don't sideline your self, Healthy scratch of a good player aint cool.
Leave the generic fishing reports to the generic anglers that have always have PLENTY TO SAY but Nothing to show for.
The only bass fishermen that post “fishing reports” on here just like to brag about how many bass they caught and released while everyone else got skunked. Won’t even give any mention of baits used and if you ask…. Well just don’t ask. Bass fisher people are special and don’t know how to communicate well.

Last edited:
Well I’m the guy who created this 💩 storm over nothing . Maybe Stomp should create a new WOKE section for the members whose undies go into a knot too quickly . I read Ev,s fishing report , surprised that he caught smallies this time of year in that location , good for him . I don’t think to many people consider ec 10 top secret ! The part I took exception to was his wife liked looking at them cruising around over the stone bottom. There are no stone bottoms in the inner bay , just had to call you out I what I considered to be a bogus fishing report . I forgot to congratulate him on his detailed fishing report ( put a leech on a jig , almost to much info ) I was just hoping that some newbie to Longpoint Bay wouldn’t cruising around ec 10 looking for a stone bottom.
If you caught them on a stone bottom I and everyone who fishes Longpoint knows where you were . The idea that there are secret bass hot spots is completely ludicrous.
I have fished the bay since my Grandfather took me out when I was 5 years old , 16 foot cedar lap streak made right in St Williams , had a 10 hp green Johnson that weighted about as much as a new 150 Merc ! That was in 1954 ! I can’t remember what I did this morning but I remember that day clearly ! Go figure .
My only advice to catching fish on the bay is keep moving , you might stumble into some other guys “secret spot “ !
There should also be a section for people who only make a couple posts per year and share no information and cuss others out for no reason…. Woke section get out of here with that shit there are no woke bitches here pal.

The only bass fishermen that post “fishing reports” on here just like to brag about how many bass they caught and released while everyone else got skunked. Won’t even give any mention of baits used and if you ask…. Well just don’t ask. Bass fisher people are special and don’t know how to communicate well.
Meh that's not true at all. I would gladly give a general idea of what it working and not. The basis is there isn't a secret lure or presentation on long point bay and while there are no real secret spots left there are plenty of areas that only experienced bass anglers would know 😉.

I wonder why the complainers contacted Extra Virgin directly and did not post to the site....hmmmmmm

Meh that's not true at all. I would gladly give a general idea of what it working and not. The basis is there isn't a secret lure or presentation on long point bay and while there are no real secret spots left there are plenty of areas that only experienced bass anglers would know 😉.
Here’s an example of your last fishing report.
Did you ever help out @Wildfire ?IMG_9368.png

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks