Inner Bay Perchin' Report Jan. 4 with Jimmy Riggin'

FishLips

Had one of the best days out on the bay today! 4 of us rented a wooden hut with Jimmy Riggin', and were out on the ice by 7:30am. Hut was very warm, bucket full of minnows and even had a BBQ to use. This was our first time heading outta the Old Cut to go ice fishing, and won't be our last! We have never had this much luck when we have fished on the St. Willy's side.About 50 perch caught today (-8 the guy who left early took home with him in the pic), lots of good sized perch out there, and a dozen or so Jumbos. Bite was slow in the morn had about 20, and around 1:30pm the perch were in overdrive, we couldn't get our lines back in fast enough!
Overall a great day! Thanks Jimmy!

Posting a couple of pics- glad the hut never blew away in the crazy winds! :)

P1040117.jpg
P1040097.jpg
P1040101.jpg
P1040105.jpg

Nice job out there, couple buddies and I walked out just past the furthest hut at 7am and left at noon with 5 jumbos and another 8 or so decent ones. Looks Like we should have stayed out a bit longer..

Those photos were awesome. What kind of camera did you use and how did you make the photo of the hut and the frozen perch look so surreal?

Fishlips......Wow! What a prize photo of the ice hut! Those are my kind of pics. Please tell us your camera settings and photo upload etc. Thanks. Huron P.S. nice fish too!

Thanks everyone! :)
Here's a pic of the camera box! I got it for Christmas, so I'm not sure how much it was. It's awesome though, I just point and shoot! The setting I use for the 'surreal' pics is Dramatic on the Magic setting. Very very easy to use.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    804.8 KB · Views: 107
Thanks also for the Fishing update & especially the Photo`s. I am anxious to get out there!!;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks