Off Topic I'm Done

Do you have an MMSI # attached to your VHF? That may be one way to track it.
Yes, NEMA interface on GPS with VHF radio. If they're stupid enough to hold the Distress Button for 5 seconds with both powered up it will give Lat / Long to SAR Authorities

Last edited:
Well that truly sucks dude. They are everywhere though. I live in a small town, and my neighbour 2 doors down had his SUV stolen out of his driveway. I keep a car parked in front of my boat at all times, plus all the precautions you mentioned. They’ll probably just steal the car too if they really want it! Good luck with your insurance company. I’m sure it will all work out, but you can’t get the season back!

The laws of our land really suck, we can’t touch them but they can do to US as they like. We are going backwards to keep people safe and sound anymore. I do think our TOP law makes should wake-up and look at the money spent on this kind of BS. Sorry for the rant but I was also violated many years ago.. Hope all works out for you @SOUTHWIND

I dont know who you are insured with but your situation had me double checking my coverage. Hopefully you had an agreed to price in your policy and will only be out the deductible. When I put insurance on mine I had an option to pay 50 bucks more for the first 3 years of coverage to get "agreed to price" + 25% to cover fluctuations in market pricing. I got a real bad feeling about where your boat went but I will keep my thoughts to myself. I hope they recover it for you.

sad to hear about youre knew boat South wind . Always admired the old tug leaving Dover in the mornings.
Hope the thieves are caught.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks