Off Topic I'm Done

SOUTHWIND

My new F19 Legend stolen sometime Saturday from 171 Highway 6 in Port Dover ON. About 30 hours on 115 HP Merc. I took all reasonable precautions - trailer coupler lock, removed pin from swing out tongue, kept in well lit "secured" storage facility with punch code access and CCTV coverage. Perch poles and tackle, VHF/DSC radio, Helix 7, travel cover.

Fun while it lasted.

Attachments

• F19 Legend.jpg
    F19 Legend.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 172
It really sucks that people do this and seem to get away with it most of the time. Not sure what more you can do. I have been looking at GPS trackers but would like to think they're not really necessary, maybe they are. I know that's not the first time it's happened at that facility either, maybe they need to beef things up a bit too. Good luck getting it sorted out, it's a real kick in the groin.

Sorry to hear that. There are certainly some low life’s out there.
For those interested my son keeps a motion deterrent on his motocross bikes. Sensitivity can be set and an ear piercing alarm is triggered if tampered with.

So many pieces of shit out there these days. Hope everything goes good and you get something back out of it.

I lost two kickers at Access Storage outside parking, now I pay through the nose to have a 10x30. Sucks when you can't have nice things. I would have taken them fishing.

Sorry for your loss, I know that feeling. I had a trailer and 2 brand new sleds stolen 5 weeks into the season once. Best part was they were locked up in the dealers compound and not in my possession. Really pisses you off. Good thing I didn't find out who took them but on the bright side I'd likely be out on good behavior by now.

My new F19 Legend stolen sometime Saturday from 171 Highway 6 in Port Dover ON. About 30 hours on 115 HP Merc. I took all reasonable precautions - trailer coupler lock, removed pin from swing out tongue, kept in well lit "secured" storage facility with punch code access and CCTV coverage. Perch poles and tackle, VHF/DSC radio, Helix 7, travel cover.

Fun while it lasted.
With a little luck maybe they can identify them from the cameras. So bloody frustrating. Makes my blood boil every time I hear about this stuff.

Worse part is people like that get a slap on the wrist even if caught, once back out they keep on stealing, should have their hands removed if caught so cant steal and give others a little more of a thought process if stealing someone's stuff is worth it,
My truck I have was 3 days old when 3 people tried to steal it, I scared them, cops found the girlfriend hiding in the bushes after the boys left her, I'm sure she played dumb cause she didn't get any fines.

That sux, hopefully insurance payout is fast and you can find something quick and be on water in no time! ( Prices going down, might be worth upgrading to a bigger size, something that could be kept in marina )

Crazy that it was taken from a “secure” location. Anyone ever put an Apple AirTag in their boat?

Sorry to hear this especially during peak seaosn. Would love to catch them in the act. Probably wouldn't end well. GpS trackers are becoming more common now in boats. Have 2 on my princecraft. Most likey your boat is in a sea can already and being shipped to Quebec or out west

Hi Dave. I just got back to town this afternoon and read about this. Real sorry to hear. I hope things work out well with your insurance but our age loss of opportunity is irreplaceable. All the best, Arnie.

Fun while it lasted.
That really sucks. I'm not far from you with the exact boat/motor but in the 17ft.
So don't too excited if you see one being pulled around Dover. It could just be me!

Do you have an MMSI # attached to your VHF? That may be one way to track it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks