Ice taxi

Muskrat

Heading out to lpb on thursday to try my luck. Does anyone know if there is an ice taxi running out of old cut?

Talked to Collins today and they said they hope to have their taxi running by this weekend starting at 6am.

Collins is much more expensive than the rest for parking that is...friend off mine got charged 10$ per person whereas you just pay for vehicle permit elsewhere..give jimmy riggin a call in long point they may give u a ride out on his taxi's..

It's 10.00 per person, we offer immediate ice access for parking. Kids 14 and under are free. When the ice is thick enough we will be offering a free shuttle out onto the ice. We have minnows here on site @ 8.00 a scoop Were located at 274 Front Rd. St. Williams (519) 586-2212

:D ;) (y)That was the price @dogfarmer as well last year when I used Collins Harbour parking facility. It looks like that is the price again this year at $10 per person for what I have heard & read. I went solo,(last year),off Collins Harbour,so therefore I didn’t have to pay for the rest of my family at $10 each on top of that,if my family did go ice fishing with me on that or any other day.
You didn't have the family stashed in the trunk @Red Hering , like when you go to the drive-in ? :D 😋 ;) 👍👍👌

Does the $10.00 include the a ride out and back or just parking?

I'll be honest guys, when I called and found out it was $10 per person including the taxi out, I thought it was a good deal. I guess if I was showing up with 4 adults maybe not, but what can I do for 10 bucks these days that will entertain me for 8 hours.
To each their own.....

Is it $10 per person if you you're not using the ice taxi service?
Yes it is 10$ per person to use there grounds .

It is at lake parking , and when safe ice conditions, they will be offering FREE shuttle service to a designated drop off / pick up point

@Collins Harbour is the only ice outfitter that is sponsoring 6-8. At my age, parking close without having to haul shit up and down the hill and a ride out to the bay and back is worth a 10 spot. If you don't like the pricing, there are other options to consider.
Well said @stomp !! 👍👍😉 & YEAH!! No Cardiac Hill to climb to get to a parking lot. @Collins Harbour their parking lot is right at the bay which saves time,etc. I love their facility & Thank-You for being there @Collins Harbour & see you again soon!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍👍🙂

Last edited:
@Collins Harbour is the only ice outfitter that is sponsoring 6-8. At my age, parking close without having to haul shit up and down the hill and a ride out to the bay and back is worth a 10 spot. If you don't like the pricing, there are other options to consider.
The thing that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me is the boat launch and parking two months ago for four people was $20, but bring the same truck same people but no boat now is $40.

Parking should be $20 flat OR $10/pp with the ice taxi.

Was at Collins yesterday talked to the owner great guy, yes he’s going to have free shuttle service he’s getting his service ready for this weekend. Buddy and myself only walked out about 400 yards and we where in 7’ of water. Lots of people out. Was nice not to walk as far St. Williams. I should have wore my cleats, I hit a bare spot and did a header, lucky I didn’t hit my nogin, maybe it may have smarten me up😀👍. Drilled a couple holes and right away a monster Pike came in like a freight train😱😱 and made a pass at my spoon missed and gone. We caught lots of dinks, at one point couldn’t fish with 2 lines. I kept about a dozen keepers. That taxi service is going to be great I have a buddy that has a wife that can’t walk he’s going to be able get his wife out👍👍 win win👍👍 Mr Collins I’ll be back. All those fish went back caught them in a few minutes all dinksA498F3F3-1209-4E33-91CC-ADE21795CB7F.jpeg

Attachments

• A22D0AA4-8594-47F4-AB86-2B1B32765BAA.jpeg
    A22D0AA4-8594-47F4-AB86-2B1B32765BAA.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 35
  • C1343CFE-48BB-44E6-BD96-A33071850AEB.jpeg
    C1343CFE-48BB-44E6-BD96-A33071850AEB.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
  • F8C098DA-7D2D-4074-A9DB-1097AE85BBBE.jpeg
    F8C098DA-7D2D-4074-A9DB-1097AE85BBBE.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks