Ice fish deer creek CA?

aquaman

Does anybody know if you can ice fish deer creek conservation authority? Thanks.

Yes you can there was a few people out there today not sure how it was didn't stop to ask but you can fish there

Sometimes it's tough but you can almost certainly count on an OOS rainbow or a hand full of bass to keep your kids busy while searching for panfish that are in season. I haven't had time to get out this year, but often times when we get skunked we pop by the rock bank in about 5 FOW and I let my kids hammer on the gobies to keep them interested and excited about fishing.

Sometimes it's tough but you can almost certainly count on an OOS rainbow or a hand full of bass to keep your kids busy while searching for panfish that are in season. I haven't had time to get out this year, but often times when we get skunked we pop by the rock bank in about 5 FOW and I let my kids hammer on the gobies to keep them interested and excited about fishing.
There are gobies in DC? I've never seen one in all my years.

My family fished on Sunday for about 2 1/2 hours (didn't move around - 4 inches of slush on top of the ice). Including the four of us, there were 18 people fishing while we were there. We caught one keeper size perch, and my 5 year old had something pull his pole through the hole and under the ice while he was not there. Nobody else had caught anything or had a bite while we were there. Close to home and sheltered from the wind, so I would go back with my kids despite the slow action.

Man, that place is getting a little overrun. 18 people ice fishing? Blech. I miss the days when it was a little secret. I still smash bass and crappie there, but know a lot of people who have given up on it due to pressure and tough fishing days.

Wondering what bait you are using are you guys using minnows or worms as I am new to this and want to take my kids also

In the past, have found them suspended in the main basin in winter. It's lots of work finding them and tedious attention to detail to fish the right depths.

Nice fish.
Note that, if someone is specifically targeting out of season fish with specific bait and techniques, they are fishing illegally.

WR

Never meant to ruffle any feathers. Pics are deleted and I'll step out of the Deer Creek conversations.

Is this not a fishing forum??? @spilliard1 I personally enjoy your pics and knowledge of all the local fishing you do. So what if someone goes out fishing and catches out of season fish which I'm sure happened by accident and decides to take a picture of it to share??? If the picture involved a dead fish as part of your daily catch after you were home I think we would have something to complain about. Someone asking what a guy uses for bait is a simple question asked. He did not ask what bait do I need to catch those trout in deer creek. All these computer CO's need to loosen up a bit. If a guy wants to run the risk of getting a fine and doing things illegal so be it that's his choice. No different than drivin a car you do the crime eventually you will do the time.

SPILLIARD, Do not step away.

You have done nothing wrong. I Don't say much on this forum but you are a good guy and you had no bad intentions.

g.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks