ice conditions

hunter

why do people ask how ice coditions are this time of year

Not sure... I guess it makes more sense than say, asking in July. With all this rain, conditions now might be similar to those in July...

The ice condition in my drink is melting fast . I guess I need to drink faster it's watering down my Rye .

Ice for perch on Lake Simcoe is good in certain access points. Was at Virginia Beach today and brought home close to 20, some quite large. Ice is a solid 6 inches with lots of sled and bike action as far as the eye could see.

Just letting anyone know if they are getting desperate. Use your own discretion for safe ice though.

Not sure what was meant by the OP?There's been plenty of good ice on inland waters for awhile already as well. This rain should clean up the snow and everything will lock back up nicely this week with the cold in the forecast.

Josh

Right now about 4 cm thick and dropping from the tops of my trees. I lost close to 50% of the crown on quite a few trees here at home. *sigh* Good thing I have a chainsaw and a woodstove.

I see Jimmy Riggin posted his Facebook page that the ice survived the rain and mild temps and they will have hut rentals starting Saturday, December 28th.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks