Ice conditions?

Hooked on Ice

I'm hoping to get out on the ice either out of St. Williams or the Old Cut with a friend or two tomorrow morning for the first and maybe last time this season. Anyone that's been out today able to give an update on ice conditions?

I'm hoping to get out on the ice either out of St. Williams or the Old Cut with a friend or two tomorrow morning for the first and maybe last time this season. Anyone that's been out today able to give an update on ice conditions?
A very good question @Hooked on Ice 👍👍 myself and @Fish Farmer are planning on going out sometime this week as well,and a updated ice report from one of the local’s or angler’s that are ice fishing today there,(not to put them on the spot),would be very helpful. 😉👍👍 Tight lines to you and your friend’s @Hooked on Ice if the ice is safe to go ice fishing. 🤞🤞 Tight lines & hopefully 🤞🤞Fish ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Last edited:
We fished out of Old Cut yesterday, ice was thick but water clarity was awful. We moved on 4 wheelers all the way over to 1st pressure crack at St Williams (2nd if coming from St Williams). Water still choc milk but ice 10-12". Bite was not great. Today came out of St Williams on 4 wheelers and went to 1st pressure crack East of the pack. Water clear and bite was great! Be very careful though, the pressure crack is opening up. Tight lines.

Plenty of safe ice left at St Williams for a machine if you stay inside the first pressure crack
Good to know @Extra Virgin 👍👍 & thanks!! 👊👊 Now,another question 🙋 How is the perch population now? Will the @Red Hering have any luck catching perch on his next ice fishing trip on long point bay off St. Williams??🤔 My last ice fishing trip was a slow day,(February 21/22),compared to my first ice fishing trip on January 15/22. Here’s hoping 🤞 for another successful day of ice fishing on long point bay.It will likely be my last ice fishing trip sometime this week,before I focus my next fishing trip’s for walleye’s on the Thames River.🎣🐟🐟 Either way,it’s always fantastic to be fishing,wherever it may be. Be Safe & Tight Lines to All!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍👍🙂 Cheers!! ☕😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 474D03B3-000A-4F7A-A84B-978A884074B0.jpeg
    474D03B3-000A-4F7A-A84B-978A884074B0.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 9DB30E13-6DD6-4937-B02C-9F85D1C07B42.jpeg
    9DB30E13-6DD6-4937-B02C-9F85D1C07B42.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 160D2373-FBB6-4278-8B92-739E83046156.jpeg
    160D2373-FBB6-4278-8B92-739E83046156.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DDEC730A-034A-457D-8B3C-62D22C144C15.jpeg
    DDEC730A-034A-457D-8B3C-62D22C144C15.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 23
Good to know @Extra Virgin 👍👍 & thanks!! 👊👊 Now,another question 🙋 How is the perch population now? Will the @Red Hering have any luck catching perch on his next ice fishing trip on long point bay off St. Williams??🤔 My last ice fishing trip was a slow day,(February 21/22),compared to my first ice fishing trip on January 15/22. Here’s hoping 🤞 for another successful day of ice fishing on long point bay.It will likely be my last ice fishing trip sometime this week,before I focus my next fishing trip’s for walleye’s on the Thames River.🎣🐟🐟 Either way,it’s always fantastic to be fishing,wherever it may be. Be Safe & Tight Lines to All!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍👍🙂 Cheers!! ☕😉👍🙂
There are plenty of perch and pike in the bay, even after all the fishing pressure it's had so far. Lots of sorting to do though...

I think Collins is closed, was there last Sunday and parking lot was empty. Also some other threads mentioned that. I want to go out tomorrow, StWilliams or OldCut?
Appreciate the updates. Heading back out Thursday. Debating collins or st williams

There are plenty of perch and pike in the bay, even after all the fishing pressure it's had so far. Lots of sorting to do though...
I realize that @Extra Virgin and I was just kidding,but surprised at the same time with all of that fishing pressure out on the bay,during the ice fishing season. I wish that I could catch more pike during the ice fishing season.But I am already looking forward to some pike fishing out of my boat in the inner bay,once the ice leaves!! 🚤 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Was out yesterday from Williams. Ice is good and still thick. Was fishing just before the crack. Little slow but got 19 big ones, lots of throw backs. The ice near shore is hit and miss, and I mean I missed cause I went through up to my waist. It was pretty cold.
What happened?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks