ice by the 15th

dickie

By the looks of the 14 day weather report for long point bay there could be enough ice to start the season. Fingers crossed.

By the looks of the 14 day weather report for long point bay there could be enough ice to start the season. Fingers crossed.
Hmmmm... I think that might be wishful thinking but hey maybe a polar vortex will pop up and change the outlook. 😁

I will humbly retract my statement after the 15th of Jan. In the meantime let's hope for the best

Maybe if someone discards their fish cooler ice cubes

not what LPB ice & perch fishing use to be.. blame it on climate change.. hang in there on to your patience there should be oppurtunity...I enjoyed many of ice out catches ..good numbers and good size mid february to mid march..big pike was through out the season hit and miss..ya we also enjoyed family sledding down east to turkey point park and beyond.. parents lived up on on bayview year around activities fished late panfish as well big black crappie and chunky bluegills back in the day permmision fishin the cuts with bob at marina shores,
good luck you guys with the ice.. i hope to get down there myself.. conditions permitting..

ya i did mention jiggin Kens spoons..first light when the big ones are on the move can be hot n heavy get um flopping on the ice . the chartruese bead was a good one..we also used maggots for bluegill and crappies and offered wind protection

Last edited:
I thought there was licence free family fishing for next month I cant seem to find it.

Hopefully after the 18th
Maybe this polar vortex will hang around a couple of weeks 👍 🤞

I thought there was licence free family fishing for next month I cant seem to find it.
@mick there is a license free family fishing for next month,which is from February 19 - 21,2022. Here is a list of all of the Licence free family fishing day’s for 2022,that I found in the 2022 Fishing Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary. ( Effective January 1,2022). I hope that this helps you and others & Tight Lines and Fish ON!! to All!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 93A4424F-E5F0-4DEE-ABC1-4583015CC0EF.jpeg
    93A4424F-E5F0-4DEE-ABC1-4583015CC0EF.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 12
  • 9C361839-330F-4959-9B4B-D486D4F68FA7.jpeg
    9C361839-330F-4959-9B4B-D486D4F68FA7.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for finding that @Red Hering and ice to sea ya

Ya I was sure we were ice fishing LBP on a free fishing day..I remember the day...sunny & nice and lots of people fishing

actually I am entitled by the province of ontario to fish for free...and i earned it

Thanks for finding that @Red Hering and ice to sea ya

Ya I was sure we were ice fishing LBP on a free fishing day..I remember the day...sunny & nice and lots of people fishing

actually I am entitled by the province of ontario to fish for free...and i earned it
Your welcome @mick and I am glad that I could help.It’s nice to see your fishing post’s again as always. 👊👊 😉 Free fishing in Ontario sounds great,and thanks to me by turning 65 year’s young,(old), lol 😂 last year,which helps as well to not have to pay for a fishing license. 👍🙂 I have been going through my ice fishing tackle recently,and here’s hoping 🤞 for long point bay to freeze up for some ice fishing just like last year,or I might need to take an ice fishing trip further North,to satisfy my ice fishing craving,and to also get rid of the “cabin fever”
which usually starts for me sometime in February of each year. Be safe & tight lines & please keep in touch!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks