I was craving seafood

Ticker

Picked up a bunch of different shellfish and made a poached dinner with white wine broth
Lobster tail , snowcrab legs, shrimp, blue crab " really tasty but too much work to get the meat out " mussels, red grouper steak
In the broth : ginger , garlic, chalets, green onions, tomatoes, red pepper, red hot chili pepper 🌶 x5 pc 🔥
Now I'm going to have a snooze 😴
20240107_174754.jpg20240107_174803.jpg20240107_175034.jpg

Looks good. :)

Since it's January, I'll be getting into the "seafood section" of our freezer a little more often now so that it'll be empty and I can start to restock it again when I come out of hibernation in mid April or early May.

Dang ! That looks good !

I love seafood but hate messing around with the shells but years ago I had a Louisiana style seafood gumbo as an appetizer at a high end steak house and almost sent my steak back so I could order another six bowls of it. I since learned how to make it myself and friends and relatives go Ga-Ga for it ! Now the only shells (tin cans) I have go into the recycle box .

Looks good. :)

Since it's January, I'll be getting into the "seafood section" of our freezer a little more often now so that it'll be empty and I can start to restock it again when I come out of hibernation in mid April or early May.
@Trevor M I had a craving for a Lake Erie fish dinner over the weekend,so I checked out our freezer to see what we had. It wasn’t a perch dinner I ended up having,( I don’t have any perch ),but instead, a walleye dinner. 🐟😋 Life can be so tough at times!! lol 😂 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2489.jpeg
    IMG_2489.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 17
Picked up a bunch of different shellfish and made a poached dinner with white wine broth
Lobster tail , snowcrab legs, shrimp, blue crab " really tasty but too much work to get the meat out " mussels, red grouper steak
In the broth : ginger , garlic, chalets, green onions, tomatoes, red pepper, red hot chili pepper 🌶 x5 pc 🔥
Now I'm going to have a snooze 😴
View attachment 83180View attachment 83181View attachment 83182
That looks amazing 🤩!! @Ticker and what a great job!! 👍 Our New Years Eve dinner almost looked like yours,when my wife and I had ordered our New Years Eve dinner at the Captain’s Bowl restaurant,( photo’s ), here in London. My wife and I will need to try to make our own seafood dinner 🦀 🍤 🌶️ 🥵 the next time! Thanks for sharing again @Ticker and a well deserved snooze 😴 by you afterwards! 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2474.jpeg
    IMG_2474.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2475.jpeg
    IMG_2475.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 16
Dang ! That looks good !

I love seafood but hate messing around with the shells but years ago I had a Louisiana style seafood gumbo as an appetizer at a high end steak house and almost sent my steak back so I could order another six bowls of it. I since learned how to make it myself and friends and relatives go Ga-Ga for it ! Now the only shells (tin cans) I have go into the recycle box .
SIR And Your Recipe is ?

@Trevor M I had a craving for a Lake Erie fish dinner over the weekend,so I checked out our freezer to see what we had. It wasn’t a perch dinner I ended up having,( I don’t have any perch ),but instead, a walleye dinner. 🐟😋 Life can be so tough at times!! lol 😂 😉👍🙂
I hear ya Red. I had a package of perch in my hand, ( I have lots still ;) ) but took out a package of walleye for supper last night instead, then put it back in the fridge to have today because with what's coming with the weather today through Thursday, I'm feeling it big time, and because I am, I didn't sleep well so when I picked my wife up from work yesterday I told her I was gonna feed her the left over ribs and some fries from Sunday night, take some pk's and I went back to bed. I'll have the walleye I was gonna have yesterday today. Woke up about an hour and a half ago. I'm still feeling what's coming, and if you haven't seen the weather radar, THIS is what's coming. Snow and rain today, then snow again by tomorrow morning and into Thursday, a reprieve until Friday night, then more snow over the weekend. (so they say at least.)

1704797570783.png

Last edited:
SIR And Your Recipe is ?
I don't want to hijack this thread so I will advise Googling the recipes as there are many types of Gumbo you can make. Gumbo is an African word for stew but it also refers to Okra that goes in the stew to help thicken it. Making the roux is the first stage and most important so read a few of the pro's directions , then comes the Holy Trinity of veggies (Bell peppers/Onions/Celery) that go into just about every Louisiana/Creole/Cajun style meals and Yes there is a difference between styles due to the contributors that being the French, the slaves from Africa and the native peoples of the region.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks