I am taking a break for now,from Walleye fishing

We had a great time today — lost two something but didn’t see them before they got off the rod. Kid had fun.

I was thinking Monday might be the day. Today was a nice day to get muddy ;)

View attachment 38809
A great post and photo @jrr 👍👍and thanks for sharing.👍🙂 I agree that Monday,March 15/21 might be the day,for the last day of the walleye season in Zone 16,east of the Kiel Bridge in Chatham. Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍🙂

@Red Hering , are you going to fish for pickerel while you are taking a break from walleye fishing?:cool:
@stomp if I knew what a pickerel was,I would fish for them while I am taking a break from,Walleye fishing. lol 🤣😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 32C401A1-30E9-419D-8F82-5BBDC3171B58.jpeg
    32C401A1-30E9-419D-8F82-5BBDC3171B58.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 15
  • A791E1B3-41D0-4290-86A6-50304655EAA8.jpeg
    A791E1B3-41D0-4290-86A6-50304655EAA8.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 34BC1D58-035E-4EC7-BC20-8D5A9C5A2299.jpeg
    34BC1D58-035E-4EC7-BC20-8D5A9C5A2299.jpeg
    629.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 09FA0BE8-8C15-42D0-B284-9381C03BB3D1.jpeg
    09FA0BE8-8C15-42D0-B284-9381C03BB3D1.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 15
The Thames River is way up this morning. I was out the last 2 days and it raised probably 2 feet. But this morning it's up maybe 6 feet and muddy. I hope it goes down before the season closes. Great canoeing everywhere but London due to the Boating Ban bi-law. Might do a little Thames River Clean Up once the river starts to drop.

Thanks @Wave Runner 👍🙂 I never feel bad,(fish or no fish),besides,I normally release my Thames River walleye’s,View attachment 38791 View attachment 38792 especially if they are females “loaded with eggs.” View attachment 38793View attachment 38794Yes,a lot of angler’s with no fish around that day when you were there,for it was a gorgeous day to be outdoors.That same day when you were there, @Cannonball and I hiked a ways to get to one of my “honey hole’s” that I know of,and it payed off.We fished there for around 3 hours & it was very slow fishing,but @Cannonball managed to get one hit & one walleye View attachment 38790 & it was his first ever Thames River walleye that he had caught.He was very happy and he was looking forward to a walleye dinner. I caught a carp!! 🙄 lol 🤣 Definitely @Wave Runner once the walleye season opens up again,there will still be walleye’s around then,and I am looking forward to it
again,like all of the previous year’s.(some photo’s from last year after the walleye sanctuary has been lifted). View attachment 38795 View attachment 38796 View attachment 38797 😉🎣🐟👍😎
Gotta say Red, those walleye look a lot better when you're wearing those ball caps than they do when you're wearing that Habs toque 😜😂

The Medway Creek was thundering last night. Will it settle before the season closes?
Here’s hoping 🤞 @stomp if not, I will be focusing instead on rivermouth trout fishing,or long point bay perch & pike fishing out of my boat next. 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

lol 🤣🤣🤣 @Trevor M I think!! 🤔 LoL 🤣 See you in the playoffs,if your Toronto Maple Leafs will make it!! Cheers!! View attachment 38868 My friend!! 😉👍🙂
What's in that cup you're holding :ROFLMAO: IF my Leafs make it?o_O Have you looked at the standings lately?;)Half the season over now and it even surprises me where the Leafs are and have been for most of the year. So much for the "experts" and their powers of prediction :rolleyes:

You don't often hear these words in the same sentence........First Place over all and The Toronto Maple Leafs.......but that's where they are or have been for well over a month now. Granted at the moment the next 7 teams under them overall all have games in hand and the point difference is 1-6 pts so it's a close race for that first overall spot right now, but in the division, they hold a 6 pt lead over Winnipeg who has 2 games in hand, and Edmonton who doesn't have any games in hand at the moment, and a 7 pt lead on Montreal who has a 4pt lead over Calgary for that final divisional playoff spot.

Leafs have Winnipeg again tomorrow night, then Ottawa then 4 days off before they play Calgary back to back then they get 4 days off again. They'll fall out of that first overall spot most likely during either of those 4 day breaks, especially if they lose any of those games, but then they'll probably have games in hand by the time they start playing again. You should be more worried about the Habs not making the playoffs than my Leafs especially since Calgary just brought Sutter back to kick their butts into the team they thought they'd be and realistically, Calgary is probably the biggest threat to the Habs not making the playoffs right now, and NO, not planning any parade yet. Still half a season to go and who knows what's going to happen in the next 28 games. The Leafs might suddenly forget how well they've played the first half and totally blow it in the second half of the season, and could find themselves out when the season ends.

In the meantime, get out there and catch a few river eyes for me before it closes in a few days. I'd do it if I could but well, you know ;)

Last edited:
I’m hoping to get the boat out on long point bay March 20th 🤞
That's awesome. I'm pulling my boat out of storage today! (Admittedly that just means taking the heavy tarp off, inflate tires, lube bearings and pull it out of it's hibernation burrow.)

Sadly though, my first trip is back to the dealer.

I’m hoping to get the boat out on long point bay March 20th 🤞
I'll still be hibernating or at least doing a whole lotta stuff around here that needs to get done before I come out of hibernation. I can see my lawn now, but it's far too wet to do anything out there yet without turning the yard into a swampy, muddy mess.

That's awesome. I'm pulling my boat out of storage today! (Admittedly that just means taking the heavy tarp off, inflate tires, lube bearings and pull it out of it's hibernation burrow.)

Sadly though, my first trip is back to the dealer.
Sorry to hear about the trip to the dealer,
I don’t think I’ll require that
I’ll no more next week when I pull it out of the shelter and fire it up

What's in that cup you're holding :ROFLMAO: IF my Leafs make it?o_O Have you looked at the standings lately?;)Half the season over now and it even surprises me where the Leafs are and have been for most of the year. So much for the "experts" and their powers of prediction :rolleyes:

You don't often hear these words in the same sentence........First Place over all and The Toronto Maple Leafs.......but that's where they are or have been for well over a month now. Granted at the moment the next 7 teams under them overall all have games in hand and the point difference is 1-6 pts so it's a close race for that first overall spot right now, but in the division, they hold a 6 pt lead over Winnipeg who has 2 games in hand, and Edmonton who doesn't have any games in hand at the moment, and a 7 pt lead on Montreal who has a 4pt lead over Calgary for that final divisional playoff spot.

Leafs have Winnipeg again tomorrow night, then Ottawa then 4 days off before they play Calgary back to back then they get 4 days off again. They'll fall out of that first overall spot most likely during either of those 4 day breaks, especially if they lose any of those games, but then they'll probably have games in hand by the time they start playing again. You should be more worried about the Habs not making the playoffs than my Leafs especially since Calgary just brought Sutter back to kick their butts into the team they thought they'd be and realistically, Calgary is probably the biggest threat to the Habs not making the playoffs right now, and NO, not planning any parade yet. Still half a season to go and who knows what's going to happen in the next 28 games. The Leafs might suddenly forget how well they've played the first half and totally blow it in the second half of the season, and could find themselves out when the season ends.

In the meantime, get out there and catch a few river eyes for me before it closes in a few days. I'd do it if I could but well, you know ;)
I like your way of thinking @Trevor M 👍👍 (get out there and catch a few river eyes),personally because I would rather be fishing for walleye’s or anything that has fins,then actually watching a hockey game,were I don’t even have control over,like I do with fishing. Well,there are only 3 days left to the walleye season here in Zone 16,but even though the Thames River is flooded right now,I do feel confident that I can catch a few walleye’s before the walleye season is over in Zone 16 after Monday,March 15/21 and become a “Winner” at the end!!🏆😉👍 I hope to have some photo’s of some walleye’s later my friend. Enjoy the rest of the hockey season,and I can’t believe that I am saying this,(only because they are a Canadian team),which is,GO Leafs GO!! 😳LoL 🤣 🏆😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks