Hunting the unit?

crackard420

Was thinking about checking out the unit this weekend. Where abouts are the ducks flying and more importantly, can I get to the blinds with a 12 ft alum?

Life will burn on, keep your gunpowder dry.

Well the birds are kinda thin right now, meaning not a lot around. There a quite a few blinds you can get to with a 12'boat. If you have a mud motor that would help lots.

hello...thanks for the help :) i have a 40 lb trolling motor and thats all I have...ive read on here a few guys were complaining about have to get out and walk the boat...in my mind that seems pretty discouraging...it might be worth it if the ducks were flying :p just having trouble getting permissions on fields...tons of birds just no permissions but i still may check out the unit though

i look mainly in norfolk....simcoe or delhi area had lots of permission last year but cant seem to find any now

i know 10+ guys around their, and they pay up to and over 200+ bucks to get farmers to call them when the birds are in their feilds!!!

and let no one else hunt them!!!

they start scouting early aug. and go out every wed.thurs.friday and hunt sat. and sunday. and do it all over again.

they have a group of guiding guy,s that go from collingwood south to caledon, locking up any and every spot they can, and parents and clints and buddies have DEEP pockets to pay the poor poor farmers to have exclusive rights to hunt their.

sad news for us part timers/weekend warriors!!! only means i have to drive 3-4-5 hrs north to get a shot at anything!!!!and b not rainned on by pellets.

but yet this year, things have been slow!!!!!

but they shoot anything crossing the great lakes, before they even have a chnce to get down to us, so their totally gun shy.

and over hunting, is making the birds fly diff. fly ways south!!!
ottawa is doing amazing this year and so is michigan, but southern ontario is really bad this year, hint why i'm not duck hunting this year, and bought a blk lab. to giver next year or in these spots!!!

We've shot 100+ geese/ducks out of fields this year and all I ever had to do was ask nice.

Oh, alright, I did help milk cows a few times when one farmer broke his foot and I give steaks and wine for Christmas.

we shot tons of ducks and geese last year probably 150 birds out of the norfolk fields...i admit i havent had time to scout as much but i have permission for my first cut corn of the year...400+ birds in a fairly small field...should be good!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks