hum, so why are boat launch closed

rushcreek

Site Sponsor
blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2020/05/08/city-opens-boat-ramp-lifts-covid-19-fire-ban/

Guess depends on your municipality H-N wont give go ahead till their daddy douggy says so??

Have you guys been living under a rock? Launches are open in many spots, it all depends on the local municipality, Launches were never specifically closed by the Ontario government,

There is only one person stopping our launches from being open and it the mayor of Norfolk if she wasn’t power tripping and trying to tell property owners to stay away to flex her muscles everything could easily be open! We won’t be open for launches till the last day possible if it’s up to her she’s a jealous bitch!!!!

There is only one person stopping our launches from being open and it the mayor of Norfolk if she wasn’t power tripping and trying to tell property owners to stay away to flex her muscles everything could easily be open! We won’t be open for launches till the last day possible if it’s up to her she’s a jealous bitch!!!!
I hope your rant makes you feel better, but it's not the Mayors of H/N, it's the Medical Officer of Health for H/N that has made these closures or Ford.

Last edited:
If you read the current article mayor Chopp is throwing the medical officer under the bus saying that she had no idea of the order. Now their saying you can to check on your property but not stay the night.

I watched the interview with the H mayor on ctv , and yes was blaming / pointing at the medical officer who must be with the libstapo to have this kind of power
The way I see it non of these leaders want the responsibility/ blame if it goes wrong so they will always take the safe route
As Ford said 50 % of them working their butts of and the other half is like they on holidays

I hope your rant makes you feel better, but it's not the Mayors of H/N, it's the Medical Officer of Health for H/N that has made these closures or Ford.

It doesn’t make me feel better ! Thanks for asking though .. it’s not ford if it was ford nothing would be open he has the provincial order clearly that’s not the case ! The medical officer or the mayor whoever wants to take the blame can ! There is 4068 cases outstanding in Ontario ! A province of 14 million people ! 80% are in old age homes ! No I’m not saying the people of that effected by this arnt important but it’s time to get over this and get back to reality ! This won’t be the last diease that effects us ! We need to adapt! Hiding in our basements for months at a time isn’t going to help anyone ! Stay 6 feet apart and stay home if your sick other then that let’s get back to it!

They can open again,but others have to suffer?,

Brother, launches where never ordered closed. Recreational amenities where specifically named in the order. Nowhere did it say boat launch. Municipalities closed them of their own volition. Marinas where specifically named as non essential businesses and as such had to close unless they where the sole access to a permanent residence. Launches never had to be closed. It was some bullshit towns cooked up to keep Toronto people away and it screwed all the rest of us. Unless of course like me you had a tin boat with wheels that could beat the system or where willing to drive to the open launches to get a big boat in the water. All of which I was happy to do just to give the finger to all of this nonsense!

Have you guys been living under a rock? Launches are open in many spots, it all depends on the local municipality, Launches were never specifically closed by the Ontario government,
Have you been out lately?Hows the bite?

Brother, launches where never ordered closed. Recreational amenities where specifically named in the order. Nowhere did it say boat launch. Municipalities closed them of their own volition. Marinas where specifically named as non essential businesses and as such had to close unless they where the sole access to a permanent residence. Launches never had to be closed. It was some bullshit towns cooked up to keep Toronto people away and it screwed all the rest of us. Unless of course like me you had a tin boat with wheels that could beat the system or where willing to drive to the open launches to get a big boat in the water. All of which I was happy to do just to give the finger to all of this nonsense!
Fort Erie closed the ramp due to one complaint who called the newspaper to be the savior for all of us " insert sarcasm here "
I'm sure there was more "saviors " in other regions that complained
Or they forgot to wear the tinfoil hat

I.dhave been out up west so but wind was a factlr anytime i was able to go dont want to make a 400 km trip if cant get a full day on da watet

Norfolk county opened trails and some parks but said marias and boat launches would remain closed as per provincial guidelines....... I call BS on that last part.

Norfolk county opened trails and some parks but said marias and boat launches would remain closed as per provincial guidelines....... I call BS on that last part.
They are trying to limit the reason for city folk to come visit... Nimbys

I thought by now that everyone knew that municipal health officials are the ones who decide if ramps are open or closed, NOT the mayor, premiere or prime minister.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks