Off Topic How's this one?

Naden16

Port Side 1.jpg
When I first joined here with my 16' aluminum boat I got a lot of concerns for the size of it at Long Point. Happy to say the boat and all occupants have survived! I still have it too! I just got this one. I imported it from Florida but it's a fresh water boat. No salt corrosion to be found! As you can see I'm looking for a deal on used Cannon downriggers!!
Tight Lines to All

@Naden16: Did you scrap the Naden, or is it still on the go ?? Sorry was looking at your new boat didn’t read your message…..

For now I'm keeping the Naden. If I don't get it out this year I will be selling it next year

View attachment 56434
When I first joined here with my 16' aluminum boat I got a lot of concerns for the size of it at Long Point. Happy to say the boat and all occupants have survived! I still have it too! I just got this one. I imported it from Florida but it's a fresh water boat. No salt corrosion to be found! As you can see I'm looking for a deal on used Cannon downriggers!!
Tight Lines to All
Thats a beaut!! I also imported mine from Florida..lightly used, a mix of inshore fresh and brackish water but zero corrosion. Have you looked on Lake Ontario United for riggers? Its US but shipping is easy enough.

That’s one sweet ride,got mine from Florida too when the $ was at par,its time to go get her bloody,lol

Thats a beaut!! I also imported mine from Florida..lightly used, a mix of inshore fresh and brackish water but zero corrosion. Have you looked on Lake Ontario United for riggers? Its US but shipping is easy enough.
Thanks. I have been checking every forum I came find for DW's . they are either really old or over priced. I saw on where the guy is asking $1000 for a Mag 10!!

Did you check it for invasive species ? Burmese Pythons ? LoL ! but seriously , plants like Cuban bulrush, Brazilian Peppertree, Alligatorweed, etc. ,etc.. I hear are big problems down in Florida.

Did you check it for invasive species ? Burmese Pythons ? LoL ! but seriously , plants like Cuban bulrush, Brazilian Peppertree, Alligatorweed, etc. ,etc.. I hear are big problems down in Florida.
No Need! It was a trailer Queen for 2 years didn't see any water unless it fell from the sky

Found a couple of downriggers. Now have to mount them. Do you guys with fibreglass boats use a backing plate for the mounts??

Found a couple of downriggers. Now have to mount them. Do you guys with fibreglass boats use a backing plate for the mounts??
Yes, the load should be distributed so that there are no small stress points. I'd suggest towing it down to Grimsby Tackle and having Martin look at it. He is a rigger extraordinaire.

Long time since I started this thread. I managed to get the electrical gremlins sorted that I needed to sort. There are circuits that I don't need as of yet. My first launch was in the beginning of July. Launched at Collin's, great people there. The thrill lasted all of 15 minutes, as the motor was acting up. Long story short, I took the boat to Marina Shores. Larry diagnosed the problem as a bad stator. Part was back ordered until July 29th. The part came in on Aug 03 or 03. I took it to Larry and he had it all fixed up by the 12th. I can finally go pick it up tmr, darn work!! So, fingers crossed for maiden launch version 1.2. I am going to assume its going to run like a top. BUT, Can anyone point me towards a general area to catch so nice fish? don't want specific way points, just a starting spot would be appreciated. Are trout biting now or just Wally's ? Going to Launch from Collins again

Nice boat Naden 16.If you don't mind how do you find a boat like that from Florida that hasn't seen salt water?

View attachment 56434
Tight Lines to All
I have these on my Amberjack. They are pricey. But they hold there value if you ever decide to sell them. And they have some really cool features.

Attachments

• 9DBDF79A-72B5-44AC-AC33-E46F58A7741D.png
    9DBDF79A-72B5-44AC-AC33-E46F58A7741D.png
    818.9 KB · Views: 32
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks