How Do You Haul Out Your Deer (No Quad)?

I have a Hawk Crawler, 4 wheels on 2 axles that pivot, it will go over trees, rocks, etc. quite easily. It will handle a moose quarter, so no problem with a whole deer. The first time I used it I was alone and hauled out my deer with ease. I have a harness too, but there is no way I am dragging out a deer 1km by myself.

That mesh is more than durable enough, I'll be surprised if it doesn't last 20 years.

When there is snow, I just use a toboggan which I keep stashed in the forest.

View attachment 78877
I actually just ordered one after looking at reviews and actually talking to a couple of people who have one. TC

Jist cut a pole 3 ft long tie front legs and nose to the pole tight and have at it. Old school but if you want to hunt it is part of the experience.

I rely on (abuse) my network of old geezers with bad backs to help this old geezer with a bad back do it the hard way.

It is a reciprocal arrangement. I do remember a rope and pulley being handy when dragging a @noclass deer up a steep gully.

I've been using a modified appliance cart (wider axil, bigger tires) and it works pretty well but it's still a lot of work. I've been looking at the Hawk Crawler Game Cart. It's pricey but it seems to do the job pretty well. What does everyone use and if you have used this cart what are your thoughts? TC
I use a deep wheel barrow.

If any of you have a friend or a neighbor that rides horses, I might have just planted an idea.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks