Horwood Outpost

zzguffy901

Hi All,

I was just wondering on opinions of Horwood. I know it's been brought up quite a bit, and good reviews have come back but looking online through google there are a couple negative reviews stating hydro gets shut off from 9am-5pm and owner isn't the most friendly.

I don't care so much about friendliness as I just want to relax and fish, but the hydro being out all day etc is a bit off.

How is fishing up there in terms of learning curve and any more tips/tricks. Looking to go up in July. I did inquire with them already just waiting for a reply back.

Hi All,

I was just wondering on opinions of Horwood. I know it's been brought up quite a bit, and good reviews have come back but looking online through google there are a couple negative reviews stating hydro gets shut off from 9am-5pm and owner isn't the most friendly.

I don't care so much about friendliness as I just want to relax and fish, but the hydro being out all day etc is a bit off.

How is fishing up there in terms of learning curve and any more tips/tricks. Looking to go up in July. I did inquire with them already just waiting for a reply back.
Big Bear Camp on Horwood Lake might be another camp for you to check out(on their website),it is suppose to be a great place for Fishing,Hospitality,etc.,My neighbour has been going there for year`s,Spring and Fall,and always comes back raving about this place to me.Best of Luck to you,on searching for a Good Camp on Horwood Lake,& Tight Lines!!

Ive been there 4 times now. It's a well run camp but don't expect American plan style accomadations. The fishing is excellent, lots of smaller fish if you want consistent action. Lots of walleye over 24in once you have figured the lake out, but you will work harder for these. Huge pike in this lake if you are into snot rockets.

The owner Richard is a good guy, but can rub you the wrong way if your looking for all the answers the first day. You will only get basic instructions on fishing the lake. If you are an average walleye guy it won't take long to start picking the lake apart. Honestly the first time I was there he came across as an asshole, he's a good guy trying to maintain order. If you've ever been to an outpost you know the testosterone level can be exceedingly high lol. Also he's French. I happen to speak a bit of French so... Yanno

I've never had a problem with no hydro during the day, I'm either fishing or busy doing something unless it's too windy. Hydro is usually shut off at sunrise goes back on after sunrise. There is no cell service and I was not able to get a radio signal on a battery operated radio, so I'm not really sure how important the hydro is during the day. Brought a laptop up loaded with some movies for rain days, reading material and beverages in 500ml cans.

PM me if you decide to go I may be able to give you some tips.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks