HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

Agreed with you on the weather and fair game Boyko84. if i don't have to come down i won't. Just thought we may be required to show up for official re date announcement. Didn't realize weather was gonna be that extrweme either thanks. Thanks Whatsthepoint as well. Thisi is gonna be a blast if we get out

im gonna make the call friday night to allow people to not have to travel on Saturday morning then we can go on Sunday as a blow day. all indications right now are for unfishable and small craft warnings.

At gust to 50 K ya I dout most be down. I know smaller boats coming an that's not fair game to them.

That's the reason I don't enter these money tourneys if I only have my 19 footer to use. Too many times I watch the big boats go out and I won't risk it in my small boat after dropping a few hundred bucks.

im gonna make the call friday night to allow people to not have to travel on Saturday morning then we can go on Sunday as a blow day. all indications right now are for unfishable and small craft warnings.

I didn't see that post. That is fair.

Thanks Rocky sounds good, i was hoping that my mom didn't waste her money Lol! Thats a little inside joke between me and the Chef.

I know get a bigger boat @Jwalsh, there are bigger things to weep over. A friend of mine boated 4 this AM at the Elbow in 90 feet. All on harnesses close to bottom. So he sais.

Noob question.... and theoretical, since I can't possibly attend this year.

I've never fished a tournament, other than the simple ones like the Orillia Perch Festival. Not even really a tournament.

Would a new fisherman be out of place at an event like this? If I show up with my little 18' boat with 2 downriggers and a small assortment of (probably wrong) lures, will I be laughed out of the water? Intimidated by all the pro hardware?

I'm pretty sure as long as I'm not a menace, my money would be welcome. And I have no allusions that I might win, nor do I consider that a reason to go. But there is an element of luck....

I guess I'm looking for the "tone" of this (and other tourneys).

Good luck to all, I look forward to reading the results.

No man not at all. Lots of newbies to tourneys like this come every year. Been fishing the 444 an bud can am type tourneys along with king of the lake for salmon an always new guys comin in. The way I looked at it when I started is it be fun as hell being the new guy an kick ass! If u think u can pull in the limit required then go for it! Biggest thing is pre fish an pre fish. Know what ur gonna do come tourney day. U do that an have a solid game plan to put ur limit in the box u stand just as good of a chance as others. Pre Fishn is key find that area that's producing some quality fish an head there off the blast off an set that same program. Pro guys that constantly in the big tourneys still got there worm harness, down riggers, stick baits just like all of us that fish Erie walleye. An this event isn't a big tourney just a fun event to end out the year. There's guys coming that fish the big 1ns but haven't been out there much to pre fish so if u have u might be in a better position then us lol. I haven't been out since mayhem tourney month ago lol. Friday is my scouting day. An 1 day to me is just not enuf time. But we'll see what happens come Friday an go from there

First tourney for myself as well Gruntman. i only have an 19 foot boat with basics. i do well everytime i go out usually. I am more going to use this as a learning experience. It should be a hoot.The guys i have met that will be in tourney are always helpful down that way of lake and very friendly. i am sure i will pick up some great experince and tips after the tourney is done. Biggest thing is getting together with a bunch of other fishin nuts for a great day on the water with a little competition in the mix..

For anyone waiting on weather to decide rocky will accept registration till 6am morning of no later. he needs time to set everything up before blast off

ok all its official blow day sunday is now tournament day pass the word , all registered i will contact by phone

530 would be nice get the boat checks done and in the water , give me some time to get my boat sorted out SUNDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!

Rocky thanks for setting this Tournament up for all of us. I know they are not easy to do and keep all happy.We really enjoyed the day and meeting a bunch of new faces from around Erie. Also learned if you don't fish with meat you can't compete it seems. Next year I am hoping for improved results from our team as we will be using the meat. Great Day ! Great people ! Great event!
Thanks Again Dude!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks