HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

chefboyardee

WELL 1 IS DONE AND ANOTHER ON THE GO THIS IS A FUN DAY TO CLOSE THE WALLEYE SEASON $150.00 FOUR MAN TEAM (37.50 EACH) . HOOVERS IS OFFERING UP A SEASON PASS AS A DRAW PRIZE FOR THE CAPTAINS OF THE BOATS THIS IS A 280 DOLLAR VALUE I BELIEVE. ALSO THE RAM FEE FOR ENTRANTS WILL BE $10 FOR THAT DAY AND A GOOD PARTY TO FOLLOW IAM TOLD . YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER AT HOOVERS MARINA SEE DAVE FOR DETAILS . HE HAS THE WAIVERS AND THE ENTRANCE FORMS . PROBABLY PAYING OUT TOP 5 MAYBE MORE DEPENDING ON ENTRIE INTO THIS . THERE WILL ALSO BE A BIG FISH FRIDAY SEPRATE IF YOU WANNA ENTER FOR $50 . I WILL BE TAKING THAT THE MORNING OF AT THE MARINA TILL 7AM .

HOOVER WALLEYE SHOOTOUT  POSTER.jpg

Count me in.

Come on Nanticoke guys, if the Yanks dare to show up or those hooligans from Burwell and Bruce we will show them what big Nanticoke Pics look like. Come on @HORTY get your skinny butts down here. You have been called out! Can't beat the price. I wonder if they still rent out the 2 trailers there @chefboyardee in case out of towners want to stay the night? There are a few cheap motels available on Hwy 3 not far from the Marina. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Please. For those that choose to drink and drive accommodations can be made for you to spend the night in the Cayuga lock up on the counties dime.

Now I just need to find out when baseball tryouts are for my son... hopefully not weekend of the 19th! Hockey could be a problem as well. Ug. Kids.

Don't ya think Sept 19th is kinda late? ...especially when walleye numbers diminish by then...sounds a little challenging...but on the flip side catching 6 pics could be managable especially for the locals that know the area and can fish the area prior to the event...I haven't been to hoovers for over 30 years and would like to check it out....I should be recovered from my knee surgery and should be salmon fishin by then and might consider goin to hoovers...I can legally catch and keep 6 pics...Hey @chefboyardee can I enter my boat and pay the $150 for myself and possibly bring a buddy. If so what is the latest date to register?

its an 8 rod max tournament so you can fish up to 4 guys on a team, it is late for a tourney but thats the point to make it more challenging that time of year and make it a grinder of a day .

just thought i would drop and update for everyone, been stupid busy in the Bahamas with work.

all entries for the tournament must be in by thursday sept 17th 8pm this gives me time to prepare the boat names and the logistical paperwork i need to do to make the tourney go as smooth as possible . if i recive all the paperwork nessacary (disclaimer and team entry sheet ) and complete you can pay online to make iteasier by internet ETRANSFER only. NO PAY PAL AS IT COST ME MONEY FOR THIS METHOD . email all the completed forms to me at which time i will give you the go ahaed for the etransfer of funds. lot of work for me but , i will do this for last minute registrations . NOT AFTER THURSDAY 17TH 8 PM .

mayhemwalleye@gmail.com

their will be a big fish friday $50.00 per team, commencing at 7-3 pm this can be paid on the morning of see me or brad boyko at the dock by 630 am, there will also be a $50 Calcutta for those interested as well.

as for the tournament day it will commence as follows, register by 6 am pick up your tournament pack consisting of your PUCK (boat id tag). boat #s which need to be displayed port and starboard of your vessel. also in the bag will be a ZIP TIE, this will be attached to your biggest fish in the cooler and will be weighed first. to determine big fish of the day of the tournament.

after you have picked up your package, you need to have your boat inspection completed, once this is completed we will attach a sticker to your puck as proof of inspection of your vessel. failure to have this sticker will lead to disqualification. you can have your boat inspected dockside or in the parking lot before launching but this must be completed. please ensure that all your gear is in the boat before arriving to the launch. just to speed up launching and after your boat is in the water please proceed to the outer harbour , the shot gun start will be at 7 am this will be from the first red shipping channel marker buoy ,

you must be back inside this marker buoy by 3pm on the day of the tournament or penalties will be applied as per the rules . i will post a link for them here.

the weigh in will commence @ 430 pm when returning all coolers must be dry cooler with no excess water or fish slime in them, BAGGED ICE OR FROZEN BOTTLE ICE ONLY IN THE COOLERS , NO LOOSE ICE OR WATER.

this is a quick overview of how the tournament will be conducted see the offical rules for any questions you may have. i will post the links here

registration form

https://word.office.live.com/wv/WordView.aspx?FBsrc=https://www.facebook.com/attachments/file_preview.php?id=161138497553459&time=1441995072&metadata&access_token=724328752:AVLDB2JBXEhpQdQNCGkFRx6KYGBCltt6gIv9A7quetCHng&title=HOOVER WALLEYE SHOOTOUT REGISTRATIONFORM.docx

waiver docs

https://word.office.live.com/wv/WordView.aspx?FBsrc=https://www.facebook.com/attachments/file_preview.php?id=161138497553459&time=1441995072&metadata&access_token=724328752:AVLDB2JBXEhpQdQNCGkFRx6KYGBCltt6gIv9A7quetCHng&title=HOOVER WALLEYE SHOOTOUT REGISTRATIONFORM.docx

RULES DOC
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x5Acmxk8jtxwi_7R1V1YciOgDB8lfepMKjOZEcZUG1s/edit

Last edited:
I would like to sign up a team via Email Transfer but cannot open up the links for registration or waiver documents. How do i proceed ? i live in Kitchener will drive down tomorrow if i have to but prefer to do it electronically. Could someone help me out??????????? Thanks in advance

@Double D SEND ME AN EMAIL @ mayhemwalleye@gmail.com or you can acess them on the mayhem@maitland tourney page on FACEBOOK

just an update there is 15 boats registered so far and another 10-12 to come for sure this is going to be a good turn out everyone , tight lines all

Last edited:
i imagine most will be down weather bad or not sat . Does Hoovers let people park their boats overnight so we don't have the cost of trailering down both days for out of towners. i imagine there is a fee if so which i don't have a problem with. Just wondering if service is available?

They have several acres to park the boat on a trailer. It shouldn't be an issue. Good luck to you all. The lake is perfect this AM.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks