Haldimand Norfolk Cottage Use Ban

I don't think it matters as to what the Mayors can do or not do or their opinion for that matter... the Chief Medical Officer has the last word. Something to do with the Emergency Act and all the other Acts that followed it. Very lengthy and mind numbing read if you so choose to read it but in a nut shell... he da boss !

Unfortunately nobody thought about vaccinating the CMO's in case they came down with a case of "The Napoleon Complex" or God forbid " Megalomania Syndrome".

Don't the "Chief Medical Officer 's" serve at the pleasure of the council?
Can't they be fired for not following the councils directions?

Don't the "Chief Medical Officer 's" serve at the pleasure of the council?
Can't they be fired for not following the councils directions?

Yes but they are completely independent and act without interference from government :rolleyes:. Similar to the federal justice system that acts without any interference from politicians....ask Justin, he'll explain it.

Yes but they are completely independent and act without interference from government :rolleyes:. Similar to the federal justice system that acts without any interference from politicians....ask Justin, he'll explain it.
That's great if they are in general agreement with their counterparts but if they are off on their own tangent that's out of control. Is being fired interference from politicians?

That's great if they are in general agreement with their counterparts but if they are off on their own tangent that's out of control. Is being fired interference from politicians?
I guess my sarcasm didn't bleed through quite enough in my post....of course there's political interference. If they get caught they just lie about it and get re-elected.

My best guess is the CMO like a lot of other higher posts are contracted out ? Yes … he can be fired but depending on conditions in his contract the taxpayer may well be on the hook to buy out his contract and pay his legal bills in the process.

On the other hand ; Should the CMO maintain closures/bans/etc. as everyone else rushes back into "normal" and the Second Wave is worst then the First … we may be putting him up for sainthood ?

Personally, I won't feel comfortable until there are zero new cases reported.

My best guess is the CMO like a lot of other higher posts are contracted out ? Yes … he can be fired but depending on conditions in his contract the taxpayer may well be on the hook to buy out his contract and pay his legal bills in the process.

On the other hand ; Should the CMO maintain closures/bans/etc. as everyone else rushes back into "normal" and the Second Wave is worst then the First … we may be putting him up for sainthood ?

Just to add to your comments. The only way to fire the MOH is to have a 2/3 vote of council to do so.

0 cases world wide? North America? Canada? Ontario? Haldimand Norfolk? In your town? on your street?...

FYI there are still an average of 7 cases of the plague in the USA each year....

Okee Dokee ! To the best of my knowledge nobody in my immediate vicinity has it. We can start with Norfolk County and work our way out from there ? Right now all I get is the Ontario report so I will base it on that and then Canada in it's entirety then the U.S.of A. and so on.

Having worked in the treatment of wastewater for 35 years I do have some knowledge of the myriad of things that can cause grief to humans.

So ? Yes ! I will not feel comfortable until I see/hear of Zero new cases. Good for me ! Good for you ! Good for all our friends and family ! Good for all Ontarians and good for all of Canada !

Okee Dokee ! To the best of my knowledge nobody in my immediate vicinity has it. We can start with Norfolk County and work our way out from there ? Right now all I get is the Ontario report so I will base it on that and then Canada in it's entirety then the U.S.of A. and so on.

Having worked in the treatment of wastewater for 35 years I do have some knowledge of the myriad of things that can cause grief to humans.

So ? Yes ! I will not feel comfortable until I see/hear of Zero new cases. Good for me ! Good for you ! Good for all our friends and family ! Good for all Ontarians and good for all of Canada !
Well said Long Pointer, I'm biting the bit to get our boats in the water too, but I agree with you completly.

I have emailed Shanker.Nesathurai@hnhss.ca here is what I sent him … feel free to email him as it only took me 15 min out of my day to do so ...

Good Day.
I have been working and enjoying the Haldimand county for some 31 years . I find it disturbing that such extraordinary measures have been imposed on the Residents and Cottagers and Business owners in the county . The only thing that has happened is the people that enjoy the north shore of lake Erie have been slapped in the face by the HSS of Haldimand Norfolk . From the cottager property owner to the guy that wants to go and launch his boat to go fishing with his kids . The situation that we have at hand is unprecedented and has never been dealt with
before. Education and mentoring and coaching is what is needed not a militant approach such as banning the cottage owners , Boat owners and RV owners and Fine them and stop them from enjoying there time with there immediate families that they reside with and have a means to get away from this insanity to have sustainable mental health these days. I watch Justin Trudeau every day broadcast from his cottage with a tv crew .security officers administrative staff . and his own health advisory staff. I can bet my paycheck that they all do not come from the same house hold and or community where he is broadcasting from so therefore they are bringing in outside people with a risk of transmition but I guess we have a double standard and his wife DID have it . If you are so inclined to ban transit visitors to Haldimand then you must entertain shutting down Stelco , Imperial oil.(ESSO) that attract hundreds of cross county... not residents.... that work and travel there every day.
Opening up the access to cottagers … Home owners … Marinas ...to the people that have the same address that have endured this situation and practice safe measures should be allowed to use there property ...boats ...cottages … Recreational Vehicles..... They pay taxes input money into the economy and are upstanding citizens .. Banning people is the wrong message as they /we have come to far in life to Jeopardize our health and well being. I hope you will retract this decision and education , coaching .mentoring is the proper answer.

Interesting about your work, there are studies being done to provide early warning based on testing waste water, some people are even saying it would be possible to narrow it down to neighborhoods... even houses is possible.

I suppose bombarding him (CMO) with emails is the equivalent of the townspeople showing up with pitch torches burning , scythes and pitchforks in hand ? LoL ! The ID card is a bit much. What ? No patches sewn on your clothes to identify you at a glance ? That's it ! They can make them look like the Coronavirus and colour code them as to if you had it or you are a carrier or in quarantine or never had it and so on .

I might suggest instead of writing to the CMO you contact your local Ward councillor and express your displeasure ?

Take a look at the structure of the Haldimand Norfolk Health unit.

It consists all of Norfolk councillors......with the wack job Chopp as the Chairman. You know the same mayor who has requested migrant works where an arm band to identify themselves, the same one who chastised people in Dover a couple weeks ago telling them to leave.....the same one who doesn't want seasonal cottagers along the shore of Erie.

I'm sure there is no political pressure applied on the CMO from the board and chairman to further their agendas. Who would ever think that.

Haldimand County Health Unit is such a sad organization. Good ole boys club.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks