Haldimand Norfolk Cottage Use Ban

Now this is gonna be a good one, another H-N move that few agree with and even fewer understand.....there's already confusion about who exactly it applies to but, based on the heading of this letter, it does NOT apply to permanent residents of H or N counties (i.e. so Ken Hewitt can still use his cottage). What I find peculiar is why it is dated April 23rd but not issued until yesterday, the same day they start re-opening things.....hmmm.

Here's a link to the actual letter sent to cottage owners:

https://hnhu.org/wp-content/uploads/COVID-19-Section-22-Order-Related-to-Vacation-Homes-Final.pdf

Chopp is a piece of work. You should go on the norfolk county website and watch the videos in the "mayor messages" section.
In those videos she clearly does not want any outsiders in the town, yet here she is saying that cottagers should be allowed?
This lady is completely insane.
Here are some screenshots of a letter from her i got off of the snapd norfolk website, i put them up earlier in a different post quite a few weeks ago.

Edit: screenshots removed due copyright. Pls use links and not cut and paste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the cottages for seasonal use only or year round ?
If its year round and a couple owns it , your simple solution one person of the household registers there as a permanent residence
You can be there and so is your spouse and kids as it's one household
One can run circles around some of those so called leaders they don't appear to be that bright
PS : I dont own a cottage but if I did that's exactly what I do

I guess maybe the mayor didnt like her posts, funny how all posts from march 20th to april 13th are missing. Yet every other day has multiple posts on the snapd norfolk page.

I wonder if "occupy" means you just cant stay there. To me it sounds like you can still make day trips.

Im no lawyer...but I dont think gereral mail is being "Served".........AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE THAT although a hearing may be requested, this Order takes effect when it is served upon you

If the Prime Minister went to his cottage and for that matter crossed over provincial lines then I think it should stand up in court that I should be able to go to my cottage/trailer...JMO

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks