Hahn Marsh

Geordon

I was just curious if there is a good website to give information about hunting at the Hahn Marsh by Port Rowan. I have tried looking but have come up with nothing . Is it a hard place to get a blind during the duck season? Thanks for any help

There isn't usually line ups for the blinds. the trouble isn't getting them its getting TO them. The Hahn has been neglected pretty badly over the past few years and with the low water levels last year it was impossible to get in there. Maybe with the higher levels this year it will be easier but I doubt it. Pretty sure the only rules are no shooting from channel, two guys per blind, parking spot # = blind #, no motors, done hunting by 12 PM out of marsh by 2 PM and possibly no sundays? I think that's all there really is for regulations. Hope that helps

That helps greatly. Thank you I know I will just have to make the trip from London and try and just check it out. Just not being from down there not really sure where you have to go.

Take highway 59 south toward long point, turn right on lake shore (there is a busy bee on the northeast corner of this intersection) heading west there will be a gravel driveway and parking lot on your left hand side. There is a sign that says Hahn unit near the road I believe. There is a large sign in the parking lot with #2 shot riddled through it. This sign displays all rules and regulations of the marsh as well as a very large map of where the blinds are located. If you can get in there, take channel until it comes to a T. Left will take you to blinds 1-4 and right will take you to 5-7 while there is a trail to blind 8(walk in) at the right of the parking lot. The marsh is in a large circle so going left will eventually bring you back to the T and vice versa for going right. The sign is fairly clear. I have had best luck at blind 1, 3, and 6. I would suggest getting out there before duck season to check it out in the day light. Best of luck :)

Awesome thanks greatly. The in -laws are down that way so next time I visit them I will make a trip down and check it all out. Again thanks hopefully one day I will be the one able to give helpful info. But this is my first year into hunting.

Well good luck and happy hunting. Best piece of advice I can give is take your time and be safe. Conditions can change in the blink of an eye out there and you want to be prepared for this. Like I said get out there and have a look. Know the marsh in the daylight as everything looks the same in the dark.

Hello Geordon,

There is a small error in Crackard 420's directions ... he satated "there is a busy bee on the northeast corner of this intersection" ... it is actually an Esso station at that intersection with a flashing "orange" light (north/south) and flashing "red" light (east/west).

Jerome

don't even bother going...was there today and the channel is non-existent...the walk out trail isn't there either, only goes in about 50 ft. too bad really, used to be a nice little spot to hunt. maybe some one should say something to big creek wildlife or whoever is supposed to take care of it.

Hello Guys,

Someone suggested at the LPWA Annual General Meeting in the spring that perhaps we should take that marsh "over" and "add it" to the Long Point Crown Marsh Management Unit ... something to think about. There may be issues doing that and the LPWA Board of Directors was going to discuss that option further if I recall correctly.

Jerome

soooo...would that be like B zone then? buy a permit and hunt whatever blind is available or more of a line up type thing where you buy a specific blind for the morning? just curious

Hello Crackard 420,

I understood by the suggestion and the discussion that followed that the blinds would be treated like the blinds in Big Creek.

Jerome

So how much length do you guys have on your decoys? I was thinking about 10 feet or is that too much

if I could have taken pictures I would have. There is NO water in the Hahn marsh. The channel looks almost dry enough to walk on (I wouldn't try) this is the worst I have seen it in my lifetime. have a look for yourself but please don't get too excited. if it were huntable 5-6 feet would be fine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks