Got my limit

It's been a body bait bite for us this year. My go to baits have always been spoons. RRF in darker colours have been top producers.

The last bow I caught on my gold/black RRF straightened the split ring right off it and lost the treble. Guess what I am doing right before the trip to the lake tomorrow lol! Few bent trebles to replace as well. Not only is quantity out there its quality catches too!

I was inbetween 53' to 58 feet of water, tried greasy chicken and other spoons with copper backs, they did absolutely nothing
We run a 4’ fluorocarbon leader 20lb from dipsy to lure. And keep speeds 2.6 +. Try to get dipsy to run 25-30’ down.

Seems to be magic for us. # 1 dipsy

I think your right Puddle Jumper! I sped my boat up from 2.8 to 3,1 and immediately had a bow on. When we finally got him to the boat , he jumped right out of the water and almost right into the back of the boat. Sorry to all the guys on the lake when they heard three grown boys screaming like little girls when that moment happened. With a little more action at the higher speed, fish might have a harder time figuring out that lure isn't actually a baitfish. Some videos on u tube show fish swimming right up to lure and then veering off. Busted!

I have the same experience as @hvyhaul everything on spoons, body baits have been a total bust for us all year. Really strange how some are one way but another the opposite. ?
Might have something to do with speed. When I slow down RRF,s do really good. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks