Got my limit

aknelsen

Started out of Burwell at 8:45am, was a little choppy but manageable in a 14footer, 6 walleye in the box by 12:15pm, plus 2 farm animals, had to change alot to get them, all on RRF's, different depths on almost every fish, from 30' on dipsey to 65', only got one on leadcore at 170' out, spoons didn't work at all, about to throw them overboard, haven't caught a single fish on a spoon this year.

Attachments

• 20190810_142149.jpg
    20190810_142149.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
Started out of Burwell at 8:45am, was a little choppy but manageable in a 14footer, 6 walleye in the box by 12:15pm, plus 2 farm animals, had to change alot to get them, all on RRF's, different depths on almost every fish, from 30' on dipsey to 65', only got one on leadcore at 170' out, spoons didn't work at all, about to throw them overboard, haven't caught a single fish on a spoon this year.
Monkey puke and greasy chicken. About 4”. Have been deadly for us.
55-60fow straight off burwell. Lines in water this morning at 615. Done at 730 with our 12 fish in cooler. Lost three at side and got a silver bass too

Fishing #1 dipsy at about 55’ on counter with 0 setting and 85’ on counter running setting 3. About 2.6 knots ( ish) All spoons have copper backs

@aknelsen congrats on limiting.

If you really want to get rid of your spoons I'm sure there's lots on here that can put them to good use. :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm the opposite, body baits haven't done anything for me since early last season. I have them on the boat, but spoons have been the work horses for me.

5 Rainbow and 11 Walley for us today out of Glasgow. Rainbow went for Lure Jensen hot lips deep diver, green on top, chrome on bottom. Lure dives down to 30 feet with 100 feet of line out .Using plainer boards for those. Wish I had 10 of those Piston Cups, Had two of them rainbows hit on it and the majority of walley hit on dipseys. Hopefully Lambeth Rod and Tackle has more. Last week when I purchased it there, I also purchased a Channel 68 sticker! Yee Haw !

Last edited:
I was inbetween 53' to 58 feet of water, tried greasy chicken and other spoons with copper backs, they did absolutely nothing

I’m with @aknelsen Most of mine were on a black and orange RRF and a couple off a greasy chicken.

First year on Erie, 2016, I couldn't put enough RRFs on, especially Gold/Black versions.

I figure I have 15-20 that never see the water anymore.

Spoons just seem to be so effective for me now.

Used to have a bet on the boat for the first fish.

There are so many out there now we don't bother with any bets.

So many days, one can't get the first rod set up and move on to the second one now before "fish on".

First year on Erie, 2016, I couldn't put enough RRFs on, especially Gold/Black versions.

I figure I have 15-20 that never see the water anymore.

Spoons just seem to be so effective for me now.
I lost my gold and black RRF to a walleye last Saturday, that was my best one, I will have to get a few more

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks