Goderich

farfromworkin

Camped at Point farms this weekend, and launched boat out on lake Huron. Perch seemed to have eluded us but we went 2 for three with salmon. Caught them off the surface in 35-40 ft of water. Another boat went 6 for 8 so there is some fish here.

Cheers

Dave

Thank-You for the information farfromworkin,and welcome to the Board.It looks like that the Salmon are moving North up the shoreline from the South,(Sarnia,Kettle Point,Port Franks-etc.),just in time for the,Fish Kincardine Derby.Just wondering,what was the camping like at Point Farms P.P.I always thought about doing the same thing as you did.Sorry,one more question,if you used the Boat Ramp at the Maitland River by the trailer Park,how much is it now,and is it still a meter run system?Thank-You In Advance.Tight Lines.8D

RED FISH

i think its fifteen a day or just over a hundred a year. I payed at the gas pumps after launching. mostly small cohos being caught. heard of 1 fish pushing twenty lbs but didnt see it.

Hey Red Hering,

I 'am not to sure about the camping at Point Farms, but I know that the camping at Benmiller Falls Conservation is good. It is not to far from Goderich (maybe 15 minutes) there facility is pretty decant and also has shower facility as well. Yes Magician is correct regarding the fifteen dollars a day boat launch. You can pay at the marina in the channel - but you will need to tie your boat up at the pumps and go in.

Good luck fishing!

Butsy

Thank-You everyone for the input.Butsy & magician,$15.00 seems to be the going rate at most Boat launches,and I don`t mind paying that.I forgot about Benmiller Falls Conservation Park,Butsy,I have camped there back in the mid 80`s,and even then it was a well supervised Park.Lake Huron looks rough tomorrow,(strong North Winds,as of now),so for now I will fish Lake Erie instead.Thanks again for the Help.Looking forward to fishing Goderich soon.Sharp Hooks & Tight Lines.8D

RED FISH

Point Farms is fantastic we had a huge site (#106) its only a ten min drive to the launch how ever we just docked in the marina for the weekend. Im not positive but yes 15 dollars does sound right. Gas prices were crazy tho at 157 / litre. Eveyone i spoke to was catching fish (mostly salmon) perch seemed to have moved off. yet today they said they were getting some monsters so???? Maybe we were too deep there too and the fish were shallow.

Dave

Point Farms is fantastic we had a huge site (#106) its only a ten min drive to the launch how ever we just docked in the marina for the weekend. Im not positive but yes 15 dollars does sound right. Gas prices were crazy tho at 157 / litre. Eveyone i spoke to was catching fish (mostly salmon) perch seemed to have moved off. yet today they said they were getting some monsters so???? Maybe we were too deep there too and the fish were shallow.

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for the report. I did Quinte last weekend and was thinking of heading Goderich way next weekend. You going to be around? Perhaps the bald guy could teach ya a thing or two???? LOL[}:)] Like,,,,,always wear your hat when the sun is beating down upon your bald head!!! OUCH!!
Let me know.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks