gobies in lyne river

paddle maker

I was fishing with a guy from work monday and got a nice trout from the duck park in simcoe. We went back this evening, and I was shocked to catch gobies. I didn't know they made it into the lyne. I guess no where is safe, I wonder if the geese transferred eggs, or how they got there?

Gobies are the single biggest reason for the numbers of giant perch in this area of Lake Erie. I've never seen perch so fat without eggs. I've seen their bellies packed with gobies.

Yeah I think they've worked their way up the tribs, I've caught them in my minnow traps even in small streams now. When they're in my trap it seems like they beat up anything else that's in it, what a tough fish and one that's taking over for sure.

Yeah I think they've worked their way up the tribs, I've caught them in my minnow traps even in small streams now. When they're in my trap it seems like they beat up anything else that's in it, what a tough fish and one that's taking over for sure.
there is 3 /////3 dams on lynn river if gobies at in simcoe park they were transported there he might have caught a look alike but if its a gobie get it to the proper place to be confirmed

Sculpin...caught one there today. In the Ontario Out of Doors June 2017 issue there is a small article on on identifying sculpins from gobies.

First thing that entered my head was Sculpin. Post pics please. Spent my break times all week watching sea lamprey and Dace or Chub spawning behind the store.

The Simcoe Fish and Game Club used to host a kids fishing derby by the high school a few years ago. Lots of gobies turned in then. And these were gobies , not sculpin. They were probably deposited accidently by people emptying their minnow buckets after fishing the lake. You want to know why the MNR are proposing major changes to the baitfish regs? That's why. TC

They can definitely be spread in bait buckets :( Deer Creek is a prime example where I would have to assume that was the mode of introduction....

Josh

i
They can definitely be spread in bait buckets :( Deer Creek is a prime example where I would have to assume that was the mode of introduction....

Josh
m have fished deer creek josh but release all I catch because deer creek was a former dump for all the farmers barrels of tobacco spray poisons no place else for them to dump them Waterford same thing big dump in north pond ton of barrels

There have been gobies there for many years. Caught them carp fishing a least 10 years ago. No huge surprise

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks