Fishing Report Glasgow Walleye July 28th am

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We took Darren's nephew fishing with us this morning as he has been asking to go. Nice quite young guy that was very helpful to us on the boat. Started in 55 fow (mistake) which was very slow but once we got to 65-70 fow it was no problem putting 3 limits in the cooler plus throw a couple of handfuls back to get bigger. Riggers down 45 ft. and Dipsys 135 ft. back using Moonshine, GLS and SS spoons did the damage. Best colours were blue hulk and orange crush. Another great day on Erie and the nephew was not disappointed and can't wait to go again. :happy:

PXL_20230728_103352641.jpgPXL_20230728_151943236.jpg PXL_20230728_152058336.jpg

Great looking box Wave Runner! Is it wise to start fishing in deeper water? Thanks for sharing. Those are ALL beautiful eaters.
Thank you walleyeman and yes the fish are definitely deeper at Glasgow. Last trip 65-70 fow was very good so I don't know why I started at 55 ft. today but I won't do it next time. ;)

Looks like a great morning. We got out this afternoon around 3:00, just started getting into them at 68’ before a storm blew up, packed up quick and ran in. A couple other boats stuck it out through the lightning. At least we caught a couple…

Looks like a great morning. We got out this afternoon around 3:00, just started getting into them at 68’ before a storm blew up, packed up quick and ran in. A couple other boats stuck it out through the lightning. At least we caught a couple…
That storm yesterday afternoon @Fishmaster 196 was building fast,while my wife and I were fishing yesterday afternoon,between Port Bruce & Port Stanley. It was like a black curtain moving inland quickly off Lake Erie !! Glad that you had caught some fish,and were safe,and hopefully the others had gotten back safe as well! But why would anyone even keep fishing during a lightning storm???

That storm yesterday afternoon @Fishmaster 196 was building fast,while my wife and I were fishing yesterday afternoon,between Port Bruce & Port Stanley. It was like a black curtain moving inland quickly off Lake Erie !! Glad that you had caught some fish,and were safe,and hopefully the others had gotten back safe as well! But why would anyone even keep fishing during a lightning storm???
For someone who is super picky about when you fish you sure do end up on the water on sketchy days when I wouldn’t even plan to get out there

For someone who is super picky about when you fish you sure do end up on the water on sketchy days when I wouldn’t even plan to get out there
I hear you @Derkd9 !! lol 😂 👊👊 It was my wife’s last day of her holidays,and she has been pushing me to take her fishing everyday of this week! The marine forecast as you know was terrible all week,and she is not a 5 a.m., angler like you,myself and others,to get out on Lake Erie,before the lake usually gets unstable for fishing like yesterday,when a storm was brewing! Oh well,she is happy again,and great company for fishing trip’s,and needless to say,she can’t wait to go fishing again,on one of her sick days from work. lol 😆 😉 I will try and post something more later,on our afternoon of fishing yesterday. It’s not as good though, as @scrimmy or @Wave Runner coolers full of walleye’s,from yesterday,off Port Glasgow. 😏 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Yes, unfortunately during the hot summer weather a thunderstorm can develop in the late afternoon virtually on any given day. Happy to hear you caught a few and better yet got back in safely. :)

@Red Hering... Erich yesterday was a good morning on the lake and the fish were biting. (y)
I agree @Wave Runner that the fishing wasn’t too bad last Friday morning,from some of the angler’s that my wife and I talked to,that were coming off the lake from a morning of fishing. They all said though,that it was “bumpy” out there in around 65 to 70 feet of water,that’s why my wife and I arrived later,to take advantage of Lake Erie for the afternoon to fish,when Windfinder said that Lake Erie was going to settle down,which it did,but then a thunderstorm ⛈️ was moving in later,which shortened our afternoon of fishing last Friday. We only caught a couple,but it’s better to be safe from a approaching thunderstorms ⛈️!! There will be better,safer day’s for fishing. 🚤🎣🐟🤞👍🙂

We took Darren's nephew fishing with us this morning as he has been asking to go. Nice quite young guy that was very helpful to us on the boat. Started in 55 fow (mistake) which was very slow but once we got to 65-70 fow it was no problem putting 3 limits in the cooler plus throw a couple of handfuls back to get bigger. Riggers down 45 ft. and Dipsys 135 ft. back using Moonshine, GLS and SS spoons did the damage. Best colours were blue hulk and orange crush. Another great day on Erie and the nephew was not disappointed and can't wait to go again. :happy:

View attachment 77336View attachment 77337 View attachment 77338
Excellent photo’s and report again @Wave Runner 👍 from around the same area that I like to fish as well,out on Lake Erie. Early or late afternoon is the key for sure to catch a cooler full of walleye’s and the odd rainbow,and I know that from river fishing,( go early ),for year’s for fishing for the Thames River walleye’s,( springtime),and steelhead’s on some of the Lake Huron river’s,( Fall ). My wife is back to work now,now that her holiday’s are over,and I am looking forward to some early morning,( she doesn’t like early fishing trip’s ),off one of our port’s on Lake Erie,or even on Lake Huron,( salmon & rainbow’s ),weather permitting. Enjoy your walleye fry,to you all,from last Friday. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

View attachment 77336View attachment 77337 View attachment 77338
Great job.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks