Fishing Report Glasgow morning 7/31/2023

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well I ventured out this morning and lets just say it was a little sporty for the 18' Legend. Went straight out to 67 fow to start. Not the most comfortable footing trying to steer boat, handle the rod and use the net all at once. Once I found the fish it was game on. Rigger with slider and the other rod was a dipsy. RRF's were the ticket this morning as they did not seem very interested in spoons. Dipsy was at #3 85 feet back and rigger was down 43 feet. Temp was 74 degrees top to bottom at 67 fow. Ended with around 14 or so and 6 for home. Had to keep a couple smaller ones and a big one as they inhaled the rrf's.

Attachments

• white caps.jpg
    white caps.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 123
  • toss back1.jpg
    toss back1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 108
  • toss back 2.jpg
    toss back 2.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 93
  • sunrise  today.jpg
    sunrise today.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 87
  • sporty.jpg
    sporty.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 98
  • in deep thought.jpg
    in deep thought.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 97
  • good oe.jpg
    good oe.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 6 for cleaning.jpg
    6 for cleaning.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 122
Well I ventured out this morning and lets just say it was a little sporty for the 18' Legend. Went straight out to 67 fow to start. Not the most comfortable footing trying to steer boat, handle the rod and use the net all at once. Once I found the fish it was game on. Rigger with slider and the other rod was a dipsy. RRF's were the ticket this morning as they did not seem very interested in spoons. Dipsy was at #3 85 feet back and rigger was down 43 feet. Temp was 74 degrees top to bottom at 67 fow. Ended with around 14 or so and 6 for home. Had to keep a couple smaller ones and a big one as they inhaled the rrf's.
You kept your word @scrimmy and went fishing today,even though the North-West winds were blowing hard enough to make it “bumpy” out there off Port Glasgow this morning. There wouldn’t have been a lineup at the Port Glasgow boat ramp this morning,because of those strong winds.
Great fishing for you again @scrimmy 👍 and I wonder how @Mickey Finn and @crappiequeen made out fishing off Port Glasgow this morning,for they had mentioned yesterday,that they would be fishing today,especially for rainbow trout. By the way @scrimmy what weight of cannonball’s do you use for down rigging off Port Glasgow? Thanks in advance. Enjoy your walleye fry. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

You kept your word @scrimmy and went fishing today,even though the North-West winds were blowing hard enough to make it “bumpy” out there off Port Glasgow this morning. There wouldn’t have been a lineup at the Port Glasgow boat ramp this morning,because of those strong winds.
Great fishing for you again @scrimmy 👍 and I wonder how @Mickey Finn and @crappiequeen made out fishing off Port Glasgow this morning,for they had mentioned yesterday,that they would be fishing today,especially for rainbow trout. By the way @scrimmy what weight of cannonball’s do you use for down rigging off Port Glasgow? Thanks in advance. Enjoy your walleye fry. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂
I use 10 LB fish shaped unpainted weights Red. I also have 2 8 LB round balls for back up. It certainly was a little Sporty out there this morning. The farthest I was out from Glasgow according to my GPS was 9.6 miles. It took me longer to motor back to port safely than it did to catch all my fish. Better safe than sorry. When I did get back and loaded up the Legend the parking lot was well over 1/2 full of trucks and trailers But I did not see that many boats when I was out.

@scrimmy... So, what you're saying is you are well shook up to take the granddaughter swimming tomorrow? 😁
Good fishing once again Wayne! (y) I'll be out in the morning. 👍
Good luck in the morning Bob. This morning the dipsy out worked the rigger 2 to 1 and the Walleye's wanted the RRF's as opposed to any spoons. I had the dipsy on #3 with a ring and back 85 feet and it got nailed every time I put it out within a couple minutes. It had a Black and gold RRF on it. 67 fow was the best this morning.

Good luck in the morning Bob. This morning the dipsy out worked the rigger 2 to 1 and the Walleye's wanted the RRF's as opposed to any spoons. I had the dipsy on #3 with a ring and back 85 feet and it got nailed every time I put it out within a couple minutes. It had a Black and gold RRF on it. 67 fow was the best this morning.
Thanks Wayne for the tip I had planned on starting in 67 fow. :) Havea great day with your granddaughter. (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks