Fishing Report Glasgow Mon July 26

murph

Went out of Port Glasgow yesterday for 830 to 1. Despite having equipment issues we managed 7 walleye. First we realized one of the Dipseys was missing the nut on the release so we couldn't use it. Decided to flat line with that rod until we got the line tangled in another dipsey. Down to 3 rods now. Lost a lure to a fish, then one of my reels screwed up. Despite working last Fri and part of the morning we were now hitting bottom when we shouldn't have been near it. Ended up losing a Dipsey and another lure. Down to two rods now. Measured line when I got home, with 100 ft of line out counter showed 25 ft! No wonder we were hitting bottom! Any who, got all our fish in about 57 fow with greasy chicken being the big winner. Thought about chasing the pack of boats to deeper water but figured since we were having luck in shallower water we might as well stay put. Beauty day until the wind died completely and the flies started nipping our ankles. First time at Port Glasgow, very nice marina, good ramps and fish cleaning station is awesome.

Rough night....My neighbour has a line counter (eagle claw maybe?) that seems to measure in meters rather than feet....maybe that's the case with your reel?

Josh

Rough night....My neighbour has a line counter (eagle claw maybe?) that seems to measure in meters rather than feet....maybe that's the case with your reel?

Josh
Wish that was the case, the reel is an Okuma Coldwater and measures in feet. It has read relatively accurate til part way thru yesterday. I'll have to get it to Rocky's in Orillia to have it serviced

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks