Fishing Report Glasgow 8/31/221

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Not a good start to my day. Launched the boat after 7:00AM and when I went to start it I heard the dreadful Click, click, click. Battery dead and I am not sure how as I turn off the dead switch every time I park the boat and pull the drain plug so the bilge pump does not come on if it rains. Anyway there was enough room to pull my Jeep up beside the boat and my Jumper cables were long enough. She fired right up and off I went. East wind did not help matters as it was slow going. Started in 58 fow and decided to put out a dipsy and a rigger. Dipsy 80 feet back #3 with clown spoon caught a couple. Rigger down 43 feet over 58 fow caught the most black and gold RRF. Pulled the dipsy and put the other rigger down. Had to work hard for fish today fished from 58 to 70 fow. Best was 62 fow down 45 and 41 on the riggers. Went through a school of bows and both riggers fired at once. Grabbed the starboard rigger and got her to the livewell but lost a very big bow on the port rigger. Boat behind me also had a double header of bows right after I did. Ended the day with 15 Walleye and tossed back 10 little ones to grow a bit more and 1 for 2 on the bows.

Attachments

• tueswell.jpg
    tueswell.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 78
  • tueswaves.jpg
    tueswaves.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 76
Not a good start to my day. Launched the boat after 7:00AM and when I went to start it I heard the dreadful Click, click, click. Battery dead and I am not sure how as I turn off the dead switch every time I park the boat and pull the drain plug so the bilge pump does not come on if it rains. Anyway there was enough room to pull my Jeep up beside the boat and my Jumper cables were long enough. She fired right up and off I went. East wind did not help matters as it was slow going. Started in 58 fow and decided to put out a dipsy and a rigger. Dipsy 80 feet back #3 with clown spoon caught a couple. Rigger down 43 feet over 58 fow caught the most black and gold RRF. Pulled the dipsy and put the other rigger down. Had to work hard for fish today fished from 58 to 70 fow. Best was 62 fow down 45 and 41 on the riggers. Went through a school of bows and both riggers fired at once. Grabbed the starboard rigger and got her to the livewell but lost a very big bow on the port rigger. Boat behind me also had a double header of bows right after I did. Ended the day with 15 Walleye and tossed back 10 little ones to grow a bit more and 1 for 2 on the bows.
Hi Scimmy

Looks like rough seas but good fishing, no one ever said that fishing was easy, if it was all the fish would have been caught by now!!
Great fishing!!

@scrimmy not bad fishing for you 👍👍 considering the lake conditions in your second photo. 🌊🌊😳 Did you see or hear from @Wave Runner while you were fishing off port glasgow? I thought that perhaps you might of because maybe he might of been fishing in that area as well. I had my boat hooked up this morning,but I decided not to go,only because the North winds were going to pick up as the day went on. Be safe & enjoy your fish fry 🐟🐟😋

Good day fishing @scrimmy. (y) We out there this morning as well Wayne. We finished with 7 walleye but as usual lately threw back 3 times as many little guys. We also went 3-3 on bows and of course there were several Glasgow sheep in the mix along with a couple of white bass.

@scrimmy not bad fishing for you 👍👍 considering the lake conditions in your second photo. 🌊🌊😳 Did you see or hear from @Wave Runner while you were fishing off port glasgow? I thought that perhaps you might of because maybe he might of been fishing in that area as well. I had my boat hooked up this morning,but I decided not to go,only because the North winds were going to pick up as the day went on. Be safe & enjoy your fish fry 🐟🐟😋
You should of went Erich. The lake started out a little lumpy but settled down nicely later in the morning. Although fishing was a little slow with that east wind. :)

Good day fishing @scrimmy. (y) We out there this morning as well Wayne. We finished with 7 walleye but as usual lately threw back 3 times as many little guys. We also went 3-3 on bows and of course there were several Glasgow sheep were in the mix along with a couple of white bass.
Good to hear your fishing report again as usual @Wave Runner !!👍👍🙂 It looked rough out there off port glasgow according to @scrimmy fishing post & his second photo from today,and good to know that you had great success as well today. Enjoy your walleye & rainbow fry. 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

You should of went Erich. The lake started out a little lumpy but settled down nicely later in the morning. Although fishing was a little slow with that east wind. :)
I know @Wave Runner that I should of went,the boat was “hooked up” and waiting!! lol 😂 but on a good note for me at least, I got some more yard work done. My wife is happy 😃!! lol 😂 🤣😉 I keep reading about a East wind that was blowing today from you @Wave Runner and from @scrimmy as well from port glasgow. 🧐 I was going to fish off Port Stanley or Port Bruce today,and they were calling for a North East wind🧐 and it was suppose to pickup around noon hour. Well,here’s hoping for better winds in September to catch some walleye’s & rainbow’s before they vacate the area. Enjoy your fish fry. 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

Good day fishing @scrimmy. (y) We out there this morning as well Wayne. We finished with 7 walleye but as usual lately threw back 3 times as many little guys. We also went 3-3 on bows and of course there were several Glasgow sheep in the mix along with a couple of white bass.
I seemed to have found a school of preschoolers as I was constantly tossing back the little Wally's. And as usual I grabbed the wrong Rod when a double header of bows hit. I grabbed the rod with the 6-7 lb bow and the other one was well over 12 lbs by the look of it when it jumped a few times. One positive note was no bass and no farm animals today. I think the lake is going to see the effects of IDA for the next couple days so I am planning on Friday for another go.

That's a good days fishing, but I am very surprised to see how you keep your catch.....:unsure:

Well done Scrimmy! And yes it was tough conditions today for sure

That's a good days fishing, but I am very surprised to see how you keep your catch.....:unsure:
What do you mean surprised how I keep my catch. I keep them in the livewell to bleed them out. That is why the water is red. And they always go on ice after they are bled out and filleted

Last edited:
What do you mean surprised how I keep my catch. I keep them in the livewell to bleed them out. That is why the water is red. And they always go on ice after they are bled out and filleted
The picture does look yuk, but I do the same thing.

Bleed them, ice them right after.
I do the same thing! Whether walleye or bows I put them in the death well with the throat and gills snipped with the timer running until completely bled out then immediately on ice in the cooler. Cooler stays mostly squeaky clean, bloodless meat when cleaning and superior taste when cooked. 👍😋

IMG_20190618_152711.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG

Ok scrimmy, now I see, I don't bleed mine.👍🐠🐡:giggle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks