Off Topic Gas Prices

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This is going to hurt every time we fill up our boats and tow vehicles this fishing season. 😬
Johnny come lately but finally doing the right thing Biden announced this morning he is cutting off the Russian oil. However that means it will drive the prices even higher then this prediction. Maybe $2.50 a litre or even higher is anybody's guess at this point and along with that likely a 40% increase in everything we buy. We have lived through 2 miserable years of covid so buckle up it's going to get much worse. It could be worse though, we could be living in Ukraine.

Last edited:
This is going to hurt every time we fill up our boats and tow vehicles this fishing season. 😬
Johnny come lately but finally doing the right thing Biden announced this morning he is cutting off the Russian oil. However that means it will drive the prices even higher then this prediction. Maybe $2.50 a litre or even higher is anybody's guess at this point and along with that likely a 40% increase in everything we buy. We have lived through 2 miserable years of covid so buckle up it's going to get much worse. It could be worse though, we could be living in Ukraine.

😱 DARN!! @Wave Runner I might have to start looking for a fishing partner soon to help me “feed” my truck & boat with fuel!! 😱 This is getting crazier each day & I might have to go thames river fishing off the riverbank’s a lot more close to my home,less gasoline to get there!! I will likely use my Discovery Solo 119 canoe 🛶 ,(muscle power!!),💪💪 that I just recently gotten for my Christmas 🎄 & birthday 🎂 present combined a lot more on a nearby reservoir,fishing for largemouth & smallmouth bass & walleye’s,etc. But,hopefully,we can get back to some kind of “normal” again such as cheaper gasoline ⛽ & fingers crossed 🤞 🤞 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• B6A08401-3FB2-4404-AC3C-1C824EA66B5B.jpeg
    B6A08401-3FB2-4404-AC3C-1C824EA66B5B.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3D80DD1E-5234-41C9-8EBB-A3AFF301A620.jpeg
    3D80DD1E-5234-41C9-8EBB-A3AFF301A620.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 58420AB9-6587-4A24-937B-6A8077EB48F1.jpeg
    58420AB9-6587-4A24-937B-6A8077EB48F1.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 19
He is also in discussions (I believe) with undesirables to obtain oil from other sources.

If this somehow shortens the duration and reduces the potential number of war crimes that are already happening I'm in.

At least at this point, we'll still have our lives to live. 🌻

He is also in discussions (I believe) with undesirables to obtain oil from other sources.

If this somehow shortens the duration and reduces the potential number of war crimes that are already happening I'm in.

At least at this point, we'll still have our lives to live. 🌻
If that fool Biden had not rolled back their already acquired energy independence and shutdown the Keystone pipeline this wouldn't even be an issue. Hey buying oil from dictator terrorist nations like Iran and Venezuela instead of Canada will solve the problem. 🤪

On a brighter side. We should see Pick-up truck and boat prices slip back. I am guessing those still working will not have the extra cash they have had for the last couple of years.

Putin said last night that he’s going to shut down any gas and fuel pit to the entire EU if they try more sanctions. An Biden just did 5 minutes ago.

They are predicting 300 dollars per barrel of oil and 4-5 dollars per litre if he does shut off the EU

Happy times

On a brighter side. We should see Pick-up truck and boat prices slip back.
I'm starting to wonder if my 4 cylinder diesel pickup will be worth more than I paid for it (new) someday...

7700 lbs towing capacity, same fuel economy as a Chevrolet Impala.

yah if gas prices are doubled or tripled what they were last year I suspect I will go fishing half to 2/3 less the amount of times I did last year.
Dislike Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

yah if gas prices are doubled or tripled what they were last year I suspect I will go fishing half to 2/3 less the amount of times I did last year.
Dislike Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
got you beat there Dd---no trips last year not even to the river in my backyard----"might" make a couple to Dover but we'll see

Still hasn't seemed to affect the driving habits of those who own minivans and pick up trucks but for some reason believe them to be street licensed F1 race cars. :rolleyes::mad: 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks