Future Fish Stock

dawson29

Good morning fellas. Lately Ive been thinking about how many years I have been involved in the outdoors whether it be catching a feed of perch from lake erie or walleye; or harvesting bucks and long bearded turkeys from the woods. This year I want to get more involved in this awesome culture I take pride in so much and I simply want to give back. I guess what Im getting at here is I want to volunteer my time with some sort of fish hatchery that are looking for guys like me. I was wondering if any of you fellas know of any good programs out there that offer this kind of opportunity and when abouts this would take place. Any information would help out thanks.;)

I'm pretty sure there is a fish hatchery in Port Stanley. If you know where the liquor store is, I think the hatchery is just north of there on the left hand side of the road. Sorry I can't remember the name of it though. I'm sure someone on this board will. But if you have time to go for a drive, it's has a sign and should be easy to find.

There is another hatchery in Normandale. There is a MNR booth at the Tornont boat show. They will also have one at the London boat show coming up in Feb. They would possibly be able to steer you in the right direction.

4255 thomas road port Stanley. The kids love going there they take all the change out my car to buy fish food . 4 or 5 ponds the main one is trout and they have a few carp ponds also. They love watching them break the water to get the food.

Good for you @dawson29, I'm sure someone will be quite happy to get a vigorous young guy like yourself to help out the cause. (y)(y) :)

Lake Huron Fishing Club operates the Kincardine Trout Hatchery and desperately looking for volunteers or the hatchery may close. I believe they stock browns and rainbows in a lot of the rivers and streams in that area. {see their Facebook page}. Long drive but I thought I would just mention it

try the Brantford steelheaders they do a lot for the saugeen river and vittoria creek always looking for egg transfers and volunteers

IMG_3162.JPG IMG_6756.JPG I have been a member now of the Bluewater Anglers for many years.I know that it is likely a further of a drive for you,but they would love to have more volunteers to help out with their Hatchery and other events throughout the year.Please check out their website if you like,and also click under Events to find out more about the Bluewater Anglers Club.All the Best,and Tight Lines.(y)

Wow I didnt know there was this much available needed help:) This is awesome guys I have reached out to the brantford sector of steel headers because it makes more sense where I live. Im very much looking forward to it:jimlad:

The Hullet March near Clinton Ontario, is always looking for volunteers.
but it will be more wildlife or trail related instead of fishing.

if you're in the St Thomas/London area, Thames River Anglers Association operate a small trout hatchery and are always looking for members interested in helping the fisheries.

WR

Back