Off Topic Fun derby results

I found it a little unfair that a derby in a forum about long point actually wasn't in long point.

Oh well, c'est la vie.
In 1997, it was more about Long Point @Wildfire . But we put the transmitter on high power so 6-8 can reach farther. (Plus u got to go where the fish are).. Hopefully the pike derby on Long Point Bay is a go this fall .

Based on your comment Wildfire then there should be no reports for any other spots then Long Point then? This form covers all of Lake Erie so I do not see the issue here unless I am missing something.

I found it a little unfair that a derby in a forum about long point actually wasn't in long point.

Oh well, c'est la vie.
Are you docked in Long Point?
you should of pulled the boat and launched in Bruce, was a good time!
hopefully the pike derby is on this year
If I get details early enough I can make sure I have the day off, work and I’ll be there.

Are you docked in Long Point?
you should of pulled the boat and launched in Bruce, was a good time!
hopefully the pike derby is on this year
If I get details early enough I can make sure I have the day off, work and I’ll be there.
The Fall Pike Classic has typically been on the Thanksgiving Weekend. I don't know if that has helped or hurt attendance. I don't think they have exceeded 20 boats, which is a shame, cuz catching big Long Point Bay Pike and the occassional 'ski is great fun.

The Fall Pike Classic has typically been on the Thanksgiving Weekend. I don't know if that has helped or hurt attendance. I don't think they have exceeded 20 boats, which is a shame, cuz catching big Long Point Bay Pike and the occassional 'ski is great fun.
Thanksgiving weekend I’m usually sitting in a tree stand
I tend to kill a deer every thanks giving
You know when everyone is busy and not available to help drag it out of the gully. Hahaha
But I’m sure the deer can wait until I’m done fishing this year.

Last edited:
Wow, I am hoping I become a "good enough" walleye fisherman by next year. Seems like a great was had.

Fall Pike tourny I would definitely be in! Not saying I am great, but at least I have caught a bunch of pike before and have the tackle!

Wow, I am hoping I become a "good enough" walleye fisherman by next year. Seems like a great was had.

Fall Pike tourny I would definitely be in! Not saying I am great, but at least I have caught a bunch of pike before and have the tackle!
Go out anyways. You don’t have to be good. I went out and it was my first time fishing Erie eyes and I was in a kayak. I managed 1 eye 3.7lbs

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks