Fresh Perch $$$

can't miss

Fresh perch, Wheatly, $17.95 per lb, fresh pickeral $9.95 per lb, nice size fillet's, not to big.
Tugs are running out of Kingsville fishing Pelee Island area if you decide to head out??

...that;s actually down a bit...went to one of the fish stores in Wheatley in August..perch was $22 /lb and pickeral was $8....

@DaveJ ..... Where are you located ?? OHHHHHHHHHH I thought that said $3.00/lbs, will have to pass on that price..lol

car chase police GIF
Super Troopers Police GIF

@DaveJ.. But you had ALL that enjoyment catching them, I'm here with no perch to eat and losing weight by the hour. Oh well will dream of the perch I almost had.... lol

@Extra Virgin : Thx, time is a problem this time of year for me. Have you been getting a few ? If you have enjoy....
Agreed this time of year has us going in many directions at once, yet Erie still calls me back from time to time in the "off season". Slip bobber and a shiner (dead or alive) have worked well there for a shore lunch, worms have also brought in a few. May even be a few of the forbidden to post spotted slabs moving on in for the winter too (y)

Wheatley is to far for me to go especially at that price even though it's cheaper than anything I saw in London last time I looked at the seafood section of any grocery store. Guess I'll just have to settle for what I have in the freezer still and I don't have to leave the house. :p (haven't really gotten in to it yet. Usually don't until January, so I have enough to last me at least until the end of February, maybe even the end of March if I'm lucky.)

Wheatley is to far for me to go especially at that price even though it's cheaper than anything I saw in London last time I looked at the seafood section of any grocery store. Guess I'll just have to settle for what I have in the freezer still and I don't have to leave the house. :p (haven't really gotten in to it yet. Usually don't until January, so I have enough to last me at least until the end of February, maybe even the end of March if I'm lucky.)
Enjoy & eat them perch “SLOW!!” @Trevor M 👊😉 and I will be doing the same,because who knows when the next good perch catch will come for a lot of us. Thanks again also to @Extra Virgin for taking me out on his boat perch fishing back in the late Fall,C7D26264-EC52-42A0-8301-7F21C4F57D3C.jpeg 91264AE3-C19F-4553-B9AB-3F071BEC7965.jpeg while my tow vehicle for my boat was out of service for a couple of weeks!! For now,here’s hoping for a ice fishing season on Long Point Bay,etc.,next year as well,to catch those tasty perch!! 🐟🐟😋😉👍🙂

Last edited:
Has anyone been out on the Port Rowan or Por Dover pier and had any luck this week?
We are heading down to PD on Saturday and would like to wet a line for a few hours if any fish are being caught/

Enjoy & eat them perch “SLOW!!” @Trevor M 👊😉 and I will be doing the same,because who knows when the next good perch catch will come for a lot of us.
Thanks Red. Like I said, I usually don't really get into what I put in the freezer over the spring and summer until January so I still have the 70 I had back in September when I went into "hibernation" for the season.
I'll usually have a bit the day I bring it home, but most of it gets vacuum sealed and goes in the freezer until after Christmas and the New Year.

As for when the next "good perch catch" will be, I suspect for me that'll likely be sometime between mid May-mid July from the pier in Bruce, but that could change if I go out with someone in their boat and we happen to find a hungry feeding school of those elusive mythical creatures.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks