Fresh Chrome to Start The Season

LadyInRed

Ran some drifts in the river yesterday but nothing happening. I heard a tiny splash and noticed a trout rise to a fly and turn. Finally, a sign of some fish!! I tied on a chartreuse Joe's Flies spinner and on my second cast a big bow smashed it from behind a rock. He put up quite a fight and just as I brought him to hand, the line broke! I jumped in and grabbed him before he knew he was free :)

15092_10151567422221148_1255059318_n.jpg

1235234_10151567424441148_982896695_n.jpg

1209091_10151555238226148_1462297916_n.jpg

8lbs, 26"
My grandma filleted him and we split up the meat since there was so much of it. It was a nice orange colour and tasted wonderful!

A great start to the season, can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings :)

Great start, happy smile, beautiful bow and quick on your feet Ladyinred. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on your first Bow to start the Season,LadyinRed. I fished the Maitland River in Goderich yeaterday casting off the Rock Pier,and out of about 6 Angler`s Fishing,only 1 Salmon was caught,No Rainbow`s caught yet.The water is still quite warm & very low on the Maitland River.We could use a lot of rain & cooler temperature`s,to bring in the Salmon & Rainbow`s,hopefully soon.Enjoy the rest of your Rainbow Season & Thanks for Sharing.:)

I fished Lake O off Fisherman's pier a couple of weeks ago because a friend said the salmon were in. He'd already caught a few in the days previous to my being there. We fished from 10pm to 2am and while we heard plenty of jumping and splashing we couldn't hook up. Here at home I'd heard salmon and bows were in the river but weren't biting but I thought to give it a go any way. I was very surprised to hook into such a nice fish so early in the season, especially since the morning was so bright and sunny and I was late getting started. So all in all, a great morning out!!

Nice going LIR! Looking forward to the chrome in a few weeks. I was on a headwater stream yesterday trying for some resident browns. Nice day for fishing,..., lousy day for catching. 2 small browns flashed at a mepps.

WR

Very nice bow Lady In Red. By the shape of the body and the wear on the bottom of the tail I'd say summer hold over or stocker. My gut tells me summer holdover by the colouration. I bet that fight felt good. Still working on getting my first "fix" of the season. If it rains like I hope friday that fix should happen about first light Saturday morning on a Lake O trib.

very nice fish , going to have to pull the waders out of storage and the float rods and give it a go
especially after this rain we had

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks