free the lynn ?? give me a break!

I really don't get all the rhetoric concerning this issue. Perhaps another $300,000.00 Engineering and then another couple of hundred grand for another environmental assessment will help them make the decision that there is not any money from any branch of government to repair that damed dam. Man what a waste of oxygen. Those dozen or so folks in those mansions, and they are mansions not concrete brick and man made stone McMansions, must have plenty of political influence to drag this thing out for this many years. Then of course the Haudnesasne group hasn't asked for anything yet.

Whether it should be fixed or not we may never know the real answer. The costs are high ,partly because of the Ministry's new 100 year flood rule; which I believe complying with has to be part of any resolution.
The main point was that supporting it so a few rainbows might make it up is 'self-centered'?
It is a good fishery now . There are few streams around of that size with ant speckleds in them. An example is Whiteman's Creek out of Burford. When I was Much younger there were specks in it not now.
I would be against doing something to the damn in order to have rainbows 'visit'.

ok so lets blow the water fall up as well while your at it lol, cost effectiveness is becoming very female liberal here . maybe we should sell misners damm to hydro while we are at it . lol just as cost effective i guess . but this is the bitchernette dont you know
To be honest, I thought this was a pretty fair discussion with well established points from other similar situations being represented on both sides. Even the guys who are for change for the sake of change/against change for the sake of homeostasis were pretty civil in their statements.

Except the issue has zero to do with rainbows migrating and everything to do with improved water quality and cost.....rainbows make it up, great, if not oh well. So enough with the self centred crap. There's only on self centred "short sighted" party in this debate and it's the bulleys advocating rebuilding misners. If you go against them they attack you in the media or troll forums. I've frankly had enough of it. I Lived, fished, played hockey on and more or less grew up on silver lake....so the out of towner thing won't work on me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks