Fishing Report Found in a bass

Good topic guys. Yes we must stop and look at these numbers, our intake may decrease!!!! @mick .. Yup was on the old chair watching also "Scuttle Butt Lodge" was the place to be, spent many hours watching the show.. RED...

A little story on Red Fisher. In the early 70s my late father-in-law was buying a new Wilker boat at the dealer in London and they had a draw on for a week fly-in fishing trip with Red Fisher to God's Lake in northern Manitoba. He was excited about his new boat so wasn't interested in filling out the draw card so I filled one out for him along with mine and put it in the box. Well he won the trip then was reluctant about going because he was terrified of flying. We all talked him into it and finally got him to the airport. They did a TV show on it with my father-in-law sitting along side Red at Scuttle Butt Lodge. The video showed him in the bush plane with eyes as big as saucers and Red got a dig in that it took 2 days for them to clean the plane out. He caught over 600 fish that week but he and Red were butting heads all week because both of them were so much alike. Both were full of themselves, tend to brag, were bone headed and stubborn as a mule. We all got kick out of it watching them on the TV show still butting heads through the whole segment. My father-in-law said it was great fishing trip but Red was a total stick head! :whistle::ROFLMAO:

@WR.. Yes the goooooooood old days, gone but NOT forgotten. I may have seen that show, watched it as much as I could. GREAT story WR .. No RED was not my father. Red Fisher (2017) hahahahah.

My good friend Brad shrum is married to Red fishers granddaughter. They have some items still from the original set at scuttle butt lodge. The cottage was and still is located near lake st Clair. Not up north as I used to think as a kid. I think because of the bush plane flying in at the opening of the show. Still working on an invite there for a weekend .Brad gave me a copy of Reds book with short stories and a few of his poems. Its a good read. Red fished with a ton of celebrities and even the President of the USA at one time.

@pikehunter Yes Red had many fishermen fooled, read story's of them wanting to come to the lodge for a stay. I was one that wanted to but never wrote the letter. Well will carry on catching fish and dreaming of yesterday at my OLD age. Our group all take on" OLD FISHERMEN'S " we enjoy all the past and the BS each can hand out.. Keep your worm wet and your tip up. RED... PS. Great site... THX Stomp

A little story on Red Fisher. In the early 70s my late father-in-law was buying a new Wilker boat at the dealer in London and they had a draw on for a week fly-in fishing trip with Red Fisher to God's Lake in northern Manitoba. He was excited about his new boat so wasn't interested in filling out the draw card so I filled one out for him along with mine and put it in the box. Well he won the trip then was reluctant about going because he was terrified of flying. We all talked him into it and finally got him to the airport. They did a TV show on it with my father-in-law sitting along side Red at Scuttle Butt Lodge. The video showed him in the bush plane with eyes as big as saucers and Red got a dig in that it took 2 days for them to clean the plane out. He caught over 600 fish that week but he and Red were butting heads all week because both of them were so much alike. Both were full of themselves, tend to brag, were bone headed and stubborn as a mule. We all got kick out of it watching them on the TV show still butting heads through the whole segment. My father-in-law said it was great fishing trip but Red was a total stick head! :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Now that's a fishing story. When I grew up in Belleville fishing bay of quinte I never would have imagined fishing in red fishers neighbourhood in st Clair. Now I do all the time. New generations will never know the ignorance of the old men of that time. Lol

My wife's grandparents had a neighboring cottage to Red Fisher in Mitchell's Bay circa 1960. In his book, Tight Lines and Tall Tales, a couple of the stories involve her grandfather and Red. Before he passed, my wife and I were at an outdoor show, and Red was signing copies of his book, and my wife asked if he remembered her grandfather. He certainly did, and also recalled her uncle and dad from that time. Was kinda cool he remembered them, given how long ago it was and how many different people he had met.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks