Fly Fishing

Lil Basstard

I have a friend that had just received a new fly fishing rod and reel and is looking for a good spot to try it out. He lives in St.Thomas, Ontario and would like to stay as local as he could. Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to where he should go. Any replies would be appreciated.

A pair of hip waders and the Thames. It is fairly close and wide open. Also everything under the sun to catch.

The Thames is an excellent place for starting out. I used to fish below the Springbank Dam with my fly fishing outfit many moons ago and I used to get smallmouth bass there. I used to also get silver bass around this time of year down by the Komoka bridge.

WR

Never done it, but I understand there are fish to catch in the creek around the bridge on JohnWise Line just outta town corner of John Wise and Sunset towards Port Stanley..........

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks