Fishmass eve

Been fishing the trout opener for 48 years now.Only missed it once.Last year.And we all know why.The last ten years has been with my son who is 22 now.Lots of good memories and lots more to come. Fishing my childhood stream,I wouldn't give it up for the world.Let the tradition continue.Goodluck to everyone tomorrow.

51 years and counting. Talked to the landowner yesterday and the farm is all mine. Just wish the rainy forecast had held but what can ya do.

With this beauty weather there sure will be plenty out fishing tomorrow & on the weekend...and some below the wire and down at midnight..oh ya...lol..
I renewed my ongoing landowners permission last saturday ..the one landowner does not want tresspassers like previous spring seasons...he is turkey hunting sunday am..

fishing the resident trout is fun..the best part is being back in nature with absolute peace and tranquility..
another best part is fresh fried trout with local asparagus over fiddleheads..steamed
Have fun and good luck out there

Any fiddleheads popping up yet mick? We’ve had a couple good feeds of asparagus so far from the yard, but I haven’t been out to check the fiddlehead patch yet.

is local asparagus up and running---been getting by with 'gus from the grocery store---not bad but no comparison

Any fiddleheads popping up yet mick? We’ve had a couple good feeds of asparagus so far from the yard, but I haven’t been out to check the fiddlehead patch yet.
Fiddleheads were early this year,Recent warm spell popped them up.have had one feed so far.

Been fishing for Browns most of the day. Hooked some several times but they keep falling off the hook just as I go to put the net under them. It's been quite frustrating to say the least... but hey that's fishing. :p

View attachment 40705
Aren’t the browns out of season @Wave Runner till 12:01 a.m. tomorrow April 24,2021? 🤔 lol 😝 😉 Tight Lines & Browns ON!! 🎣🐟👍🙂

is local asparagus up and running---been getting by with 'gus from the grocery store---not bad but no comparison

I have an asparagus patch with southerly exposure and I cut just over 2lbs the other day before the cold weather and snow hit. I would think those freezing nights killed off any spears that had poked out of the soil.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks