Fishing Report Fishing the Elbow

poconokidII

with all these SW-W winds we've been having.. been to rough to fish Port Burwell...been off all week!!!! would it be fishable to fish on the east side of the point at the elbow 60-90 FOW... if not was thinking of perch fishing off of TP and Normandale? any thoughts or am I just nuts lol.... any depths to fish would be greatly appreciated or if any one is going let me no...thx POCONO KID..cheers

with all these SW-W winds we've been having.. been to rough to fish Port Burwell...been off all week!!!! would it be fishable to fish on the east side of the point at the elbow 60-90 FOW... if not was thinking of perch fishing off of TP and Normandale? any thoughts or am I just nuts lol.... any depths to fish would be greatly appreciated or if any one is going let me no...thx POCONO KID..cheers
I don’t have experience fishing that side
But windy looks decent over there for tomorrow morning until about noon.

I had this happen to me last year for my august holiday

Booked it off to fish the week and got only two trips in over the 9 days I was off.

I don’t have experience fishing that side
But windy looks decent over there for tomorrow morning until about noon.

I had this happen to me last year for my august holiday

Booked it off to fish the week and got only two trips in over the 9 days I was off.
Note to self - When @Derkd9 books holidays, plan on something other than fishing, Didnt that happen to you last year?

Last edited:
I usually don’t fish those area’s that you have mentioned @poconokidII or I would love to give you my input. Tight lines @poconokidII if it is safe for you to go out winds permitting. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

You’d be much better off in a S-SW-W wind to fish the end of the point. The elbow you are still 10 km from the closest shoreline so there’s a lot of potential for waves to build. But if you fish tight to the point or off gravelly bay you can be in the fishing grounds and within 1-2kms or shore so you are protected from the wind. In my experience the fishing is better at the point than the elbow anyways. You can also hug the point the whole way out there if you launch from the inner bay for a calm ride out

As lazywave mentioned the north side of Long Point inside the Lighthouse should be fishable close to shore and the depth drops off quickly out there. That said my recommendation is to find something else to do. It's pretty breezy and if the forecast is not precise or winds shift for any reason you're a long way from a safe harbor.

As lazywave mentioned the north side of Long Point inside the Lighthouse should be fishable close to shore and the depth drops off quickly out there. That said my recommendation is to find something else to do. It's pretty breezy and if the forecast is not precise or winds shift for any reason you're a long way from a safe harbor.
Hey @Duck Soup you still getting perch off of Normandale?? Bringing perch gear too.

Yah that happened to me LAST YEAR…
But my holiday the first week of august this year is going to be light winds all week! 🤞
I am “routing” for you @Derkd9 for light winds for the first week of your holidays in August,and tight lines!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Lund you say @poconokidII ?? I know that you have a Lund as well like me,& No worries & you will be fine,my friend!! 👊👊🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂
Wishing that I could join you out there tomorrow @poconokidII (I am still waiting for my outboard motor to be repaired 🙄),for I have never fished around the tip of long point around the lighthouse area,and Gravelly Bay etc., before & Be Safe & Tight Lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

We fished the point last Saturday and got our 3 man limit of walleye. Riggers, lead core on boards and dipseys were all equally productive. We ran spoons only and all of the walleye were full of 3-4 inch smelt. 35-40 fow of water was good for the eyes. Fishhawk showed water temp was in mid 60's. If you went to 50 fow it was down to 55 degrees and the bows were thick. Good luck!

Lots of perch to be had off the north shore. I definitely will not be trolling the point with the weekend forecast, it might be tough to even keep an anchor set for perchin.

Lots of perch to be had off the north shore. I definitely will not be trolling the point with the weekend forecast, it might be tough to even keep an anchor set for perchin.
No anchor lock on your trolling motor? 😬

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks