Fishing Lodges

Good to hear. Booked mid August.
Sorry @SonsOfPerchin if I misguided you on the name change of Horwood Lake Lodge to the ownership change,and it being now called,White Moose Wilderness Outpost. @David Leckie on his post above,has more updated information on these two businesses. Either way,tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! in mid August,2023,while you are staying at Horwood Lake Lodge. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
Not sure how far you are willing to travel but Moosehorn Lodge would be an excellent choice. I first tried Moosehorn about 10 or 12 years ago. I took my parents, my ex and her parents and my son. It was an incredible experience. So much so that my mother who rarely fishes couldn't wait to go back. We did manage to get back in 2021 and it did not disappoint. The fishing is amazing and you can target a ton of species, the guides and staff are 5 star. If you choose the american plan you won't regret it. Cabins are excellent. Honestly more than I ever expected from a fishing camp. My non fishing mom is now considering going back just her and dad for their 50th anniversary.

My absolute go to lodge is horseshoe island camp in matachewan. Generally can catch walleye all over the lake, topwater smallmouth bite is great and there is always the chutes that is a fun day trip for small mouth. Pike are around also... And the best part is that 6hey are the only lodge on the lake.

They are two different places. Horwood Lake Lodge is on the east leg of the lake, north of Hardiman Bay. White Moose Wilderness Outpost is on the main lake close to the dam. I was at Horwood Lake Lodge last year. Walleye and Pike fishing were good. Not so much for bass.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks