Fishing Report Fishing /Breakdown August 19 22

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Kind of sorta followed @hvyhaul "The Neighbor" and @scoop! out to 61 FOW. Was rougher than they were forecasting (3 footers) that is for sure. Think by the time I got set up @hvyhaul was calling to say they just put 3 fish in the box. After a huge tangle with dipseys got straightened out I put 2 fish on ice. Then there was the call on the VHF radio, does any one have extra gas on board. Pretty sure no one carries extra gas and I do know for a fact there are no Petro Canada's at 61 FOW. I called on the VHF asking if maybe they had a siphon hose on board but no avail. Ask for there numbers, pulled lines and went to assist. Found the boat, tied off and towed them in from 11 miles out in 3-4 foot waves. Couldn't go any more than trolling speed so the boat being towed sent a couple lines out and fished on the way in picking up three fish. Needless to say it was a long ride back to port. @Blastr glad I could help you out today, thanks for filling my boat. I usually clean my fish before shore, after 3 hours I didnt feel like cleaning fish! @Blastr clients were happy, they tried giving me there 3 for the tow but I said hell no, you guys take mine. I will get out before they do. Nice to see people smile, glad I could help with there fish fry. Everyone got to land safe and that is what matters!! @FlyingViking you need to charge your phone AND get a better radio so we can get you into fish....LOL. @Trevor M , Oscar was pretty disappointed when I spoke to them in the channel,, head down saying they only got 5...5 is better than 0 any day...Lol20220819_100324.jpg

Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Kind of sorta followed @hvyhaul "The Neighbor" and @scoop! out to 61 FOW. Was rougher than they were forecasting (3 footers) that is for sure. Think by the time I got set up @hvyhaul was calling to say they just put 3 fish in the box. After a huge tangle with dipseys got straightened out I put 2 fish on ice. Then there was the call on the VHF radio, does any one have extra gas on board. Pretty sure no one carries extra gas and I do know for a fact there are no Petro Canada's at 61 FOW. I called on the VHF asking if maybe they had a siphon hose on board but no avail. Ask for there numbers, pulled lines and went to assist. Found the boat, tied off and towed them in from 11 miles out in 3-4 foot waves. Couldn't go any more than trolling speed so the boat being towed sent a couple lines out and fished on the way in picking up three fish. Needless to say it was a long ride back to port. @Blastr glad I could help you out today, thanks for filling my boat. I usually clean my fish before shore, after 3 hours I didnt feel like cleaning fish! @Blastr clients were happy, they tried giving me there 3 for the tow but I said hell no, you guys take mine. I will get out before they do. Nice to see people smile, glad I could help with there fish fry. Everyone got to land safe and that is what matters!! @FlyingViking you need to charge your phone AND get a better radio so we can get you into fish....LOL. @Trevor M , Oscar was pretty disappointed when I spoke to them in the channel,, head down saying they only got 5...5 is better than 0 any day...LolView attachment 63787
Way to go Kirk

@Trevor M lots of days I have gone in with 2 3 fish but am just happy to be out there on the water enjoying the day. Some one said fishing is a drug. It sure is, catching is a bonus, being out there is exciting, so quiet ,peaceful, no phones, no noise except the hum of the motor. Birds around, what could be better!!

My new boat (not just new to me) only measures the bottom half. Gauge says full = 50%-100%. Gauge says half a tank = 1/4 tank.
I assumed that’s what mine does as well since the gauge never moves from
Full. After every outing I fill the tank back up on my way home

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks