Fishfinder and gps.

scuba2000

Hi Is anybody out there using a hummingbird fishfinder( model 587 ci hd )or (587 ci hd di),thinking of buying one and wanted to know the pro's and con's.Any Info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I don't have the 587 but I have the 385 that I have mounted on my kayak. Screen is a bit small but the colour is neat and it notes my trolling speed on the yak as well. The GPS function is cool as it shows you where you are on a waterbody (in case you nail some hawgs and want to go back). I'm still a bit of a greenhorn with regards to what it can do, but what I see so far, I like.

As well, I can take the 385 head off and use it on my portable humminbird 535 power pack when I use a rental boat up north.

WR

I like mine. Think it is the 778. I opted not to get the GPS but rather get a handheld GPS for versatility - ie: in the canoe, hiking, etc. Anyway, I'm quite pleased with this setup.

The 5-- series would have done just as well for me, but mine was a good deal on a previous year model. The 7-- series had some additional features, namely around connectivity - to a downrigger, to another sonar and mine allows for connection to external GPS. I need none of these features though.

The screen is very high-res and shows lots of detail. When jigging, I can actually follow the jig and can even see line on the screen.

quote:
Originally posted by scuba2000

Hi Is anybody out there using a hummingbird fishfinder( model 587 ci hd )or (587 ci hd di),thinking of buying one and wanted to know the pro's and con's.Any Info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have the 788 ci HD on the front and the 987c on the back u will never buy nothing but a humminbird agin. Can not get a better gps system.You can not go wrong with humminbird systems.

Contact ANGLING OUTFITTERS WOODSTOCK talk to joshlin he will help you. Hope this helps you 1-519-539-5494 . You may want to ask him about the new lowrance Elite Series Mark -4 combo small and compact.
Tight Lines.:)

I have the 597ci hd di combo and think it works awesome. I bought the humminbird because it would do the hd di and the regular 2d sonar with 1 unit, but the lowrance units you had to buy 1 or the other for the same amount of money.

Scuba2000, I also have the Humminbird 788CIHD Combo and love it. In all the years fishing I really never knew what was in the lakes I fished until I got one of these units. The GPS is great especially when using the Navionics Marine Gold mapping chip. I imagine the 587CI would also be a good choice. It has a slightly smaller 4.5 inch 640V x 480H screen, 300 watts power and 1000 ft.depth capability verses a 5 inch 640V x 640H screen on the 788CI with 500 watts of power and 1500 ft. depth but also has 2 SD card slots over 1 for the 587CI. The down imaging would probably be a nice added feature. Lebaron's has the 597CI HD DI in their 2012 catalogue on special for $675.45 and Josh at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock would match that price or maybe even do better. I hope this helps.

hello

i have the 385ci on a 16' alum and love it!! a couple weeks ago the fog on the bay was THICK and you couldn't see 100'. my buddy started worrying where we were and how we were going to get back, but with the GPS and saved waypoints from last year we easily found ec10 and the marina. great purchace!!

ps. we kept about 20 nice size perch. yummm!!

Thank you all for the good info,look's like it is all pro's and no con's.Stomp's web site as to be the best info site out there.Thank's again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks