Fish Finder Advice

trky chsr

With Christmas coming I thought I would hint at my kids (pushing 30!) about getting me a fish finder. It will be used mostly from my kayak to probe local streams for holes and such. However I would also like to use the same one for ice fishing so I guess I would need portable model. Any suggestions? TC

I've got a Humminbird 385Ci that I have mounted on my kayak. It's a neat unit - marks coordinates and lets me know the speed I'm trolling at. It's colour and compact. I can also use the 385ci head on my portable Hummingbird 535 pack which was real handy for walleye trolling on the French.

I've used my 535 for ice fishing & it seems to work.

WR

I like the 67C. Great for ice fishing and I think would be an easy mount for Kayak. Price is right to.

Cheers, Clark

quote:
Originally posted by Walleye

I like the 67C. Great for ice fishing and I think would be an easy mount for Kayak. Price is right to.

Cheers, Clark

That or the Elite 5 ice machine!

Looks like the 67c is a winner. The X5 Elite is nice but it cost about double what I paid for the kayak:0 TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks