Off Topic First World Problems…

Yeah Bob, have the same problem and have a guy who repairs fences coming on Saturday. Neighbor made the appointment therefore don't know him or have his name but can let you know after Saturday. Fence looks similar to the one in the photo. Only about 10 years old and done with pressure treated. The original was done with regular spruce and was erected in 1975. So much for pressure treated. Fence post broke during wind storm a few weeks ago.

I do handyman work around the area. PM if interested

Been there years ago Bob, sorry it's your turn now.

Pressure treated and dirt, no better than any other wood. 🌻

Neighbour has approx 100 ft to replace insurance giving her the run around with depreciation She had prices around $10,000.00 insurance priced at $4,000.00 then 85% depreciation for age then her $1,000.00 = around $400.00 they will giver her:mad:
(n)💩

Was looking over a quote from 2020… $290 per post for replacement, tax included

Last edited:
Was looking over a quote from 2020… $290 per post for replacement, tax included

I remember back when I lived in Oakville 4 of us were doing fences together, (new homes), a fence company begged us to at least let them drill and set our posts.

I didn't like the carelessness in some of their work down the street, so they only drilled the holes under careful watch and the 4 of us set the posts and built the fences.

$25.00 a hole back then, damn I feel ancient all of a sudden. :oops::( 🌻

I remember back when I lived in Oakville 4 of us were doing fences together, (new homes), a fence company begged us to at least let them drill and set our posts.

I didn't like the carelessness in some of their work down the street, so they only drilled the holes under careful watch and the 4 of us set the posts and built the fences.

$25.00 a hole back then, damn I feel ancient all of a sudden. :oops::( 🌻
Aren't you "free" in May @hvyhaul ?

@stomp... All I remember about building a fence and shed for my daughter is it was a lot of hard work and ridiculously hot in July of that year. Dad saved her a ton of money but never had the urge to try it again. 😁 In the first photo is how I set my posts so they can drain into the aggregate before cementing them in to prevent rotting from the base sitting in cement trapping the water. I also beveled the concrete so the water runs away from the post. Ready to try it yourself? 😜

1648237973549.png
Picture 007.jpgPicture 010.jpgPicture 012.jpgPicture 009.jpg

@Wave Runner that’s an awesome fence you built. I’m like @stomp and in need of a replacement fence also, maybe a little longer🥴Don’t need or like lattice and I want this look. So it shouldn’t take you to long…….80’
C3DC252A-12CD-46B5-8E56-4BCE80BFEA35.jpeg

Jesus Christ.. you spend thousands of dollars on lures but 200 bucks on 4 by 4’s.::

Leave the fence down…. Easier to throw the carcasses over the fence now.

As a landscape professional, with about 40 years of playing in the dirt, @Wave Runner has given you the best detail there is for setting posts. As well, I second using 6 x 6
Be prepared, my cost for a 6' fence board is just under $7 a piece.
I have about 100' to rebuild here and I'm recycling my existing boards.

Digging around a bit, I see no evidence that the original posts were anchored in concrete. I'll dig a bit more. If I opt for bigger posts, how much will I have to futz with the existing panels to make them fit? If the 4x4s lasted 30 years without concrete, replacing with 4x4s in concrete may be good enough for me.

Digging around a bit, I see no evidence that the original posts were anchored in concrete. I'll dig a bit more. If I opt for bigger posts, how much will I have to futz with the existing panels to make them fit? If the 4x4s lasted 30 years without concrete, replacing with 4x4s in concrete may be good enough for me.
If you put the 4x4 post in like like the photo shoes that fence will be there long after you are gone my friend. 😁
The concrete may be there Bob, just buried down 4 ft. or so if they just poured it at the base like many do. For a 6 ft. high fence I used a 10 ft. post minimum so they are buried at least 4 ft. in the ground so the frost doesn't push them up during a very cold winter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks