first time fly-in trip

As I mentioned in PM here are pictures of the basic tackle i take on Northern fishing trips

I take a wide assortment of jigs & tails...ie coulours and sizes......but we will fish 1/2 dz different lakes in a week so each area may determine a different weight or setup

Sorry Bay_Fishing but I had to ask.How was your Fly In Fishing trip? Hopefully you both caught lots,and your trip was a memorable one.(y)

Thanks all. And weight shouldn't be a issue as were flying out in a beaver cause I don't know If the wife would handle th Cessna Lol, I thats 980lbs including our body weight. Where can u get wire worm harness haven't seen many kicking around.
Canadian tire has them

Bay_Fishing, hope you and your wife enjoyed your first fly-in. You may find it's like an addiction...do one and you have to do more. If you ever have the opportunity, do a fly-in in B.C. It is like Northern Ont. on steroids! A client and his wife took myself and a lady friend to his cabin for a few days in the bowels of the B.C. interior. No name for the lake, just co-ordinates. via '57 Otter float. Lake was about 2km. wide and 70km. long, average depth 400'-600', deepest 1000'+ nestled in the upper elevations...absolutely breath-taking flight and scenery and Northern Lights at night...very cool! (oops...fire arms mandatory) Put a B.C. trip on your "bucket list" as a must do...or a special anniversary gift to each other. At any rate, hope your first trip was great!!!

when I was a youngster my fishin addiction was saltwater billfishin...I never could get enough bookin trip after trip...I spent thousands on trips down to the Pacific off Cabo and further south off Mexico and Costa Rica I also remember a very memorable billfishin trip to the famous La Guira Bank off Venezuela in the southern carribean...I lost count on the numerous marlin and sailfish I have hooked and landed...I have toned it down the last few seasons and target the midsize game fish...wahoo is my favorite for fishing and also eating...Muahi Mauhi are alot of fun too...but big game is still in the swim..add in a nice mako and it kinda makes your day...some days you never know what your going to catch...but it is always a blast fishin out on the bluewater...sailfish are the fastest swimmers reaching speeds of 70 mph...we high speed troll up to 20 mph for receptive wahoo...its alot of fun when they hit the baits...wahoo are super fast swimmers too...give it a try sometime...I am glad I did..best fishin ever(y)

Last edited:
hey guys sorry been busy week after getting back . The trip was amazing will be going again for sure . we caught lots of eyes and tons of little pike lost a monster beside the boat think the wife was sorta scared when it came up beside the boat mouth wide open lol . it really is amazing when you get dropped off and that plane leaves and all is quiet you cant explain the feeling really , the wife called it a new level of silence . The people at cochrane air were great host and i would recommend them to anybody that wants to experience a remote feeling . the wife said we will be going again but to a newer cabin lol . Thanks everyone who gave tips and help on this i appreciate it alot

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks